duckyruiz

Bio vs. Hero  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Bionicle
    • Hero Factory
    • Both
    • Neither

My boys bought a large bionicle lot and want to put sets together and sell them on Ebay, but it is very hard to identify what we have. Are there any image guides to bionicle out there? Google image is some help as well as Amazon. BP has a good collection, but there are a lot of missing images there as well. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is someone in my area selling some Bionicle sets and a large bin with Bonicle parts in it. The seller said that the parts alone could build about 20 figures and the parts are from almost every year of Bionicle.

If someone on here is interested in collecting Bionicle pm me.

I haven't seen the parts in person yet, so I can't attest to their condition.

• 6 months later...

I have quite a few Bionicles and HF at least five years old that I would like to offload, but I notice that NONE of the eBay listings for them have any bids and almost no watchers. Should I continue to hold onto them or will they still be naff into the forseeable future?

• 3 weeks later...

I could not find any good bionicle discussions. My kids love these sets. I have noticed many people on this site do not like them. Is it because they are so different than other lego sets, no minifigures, bad investments? I am just trying to figure out what is wrong with them and why people don't like them. 

I am not really sure if I like them or not. Let me know hat you think :)

11 hours ago, Salimr said:

I could not find any good bionicle discussions. My kids love these sets. I have noticed many people on this site do not like them. Is it because they are so different than other lego sets, no minifigures, bad investments? I am just trying to figure out what is wrong with them and why people don't like them. 

I am not really sure if I like them or not. Let me know hat you think :)

We have more bionicle parts than I can keep track of.. we even have doubles of many bionicle sets because they wanted extra of the rarer parts. The kids build some really cool stuff out of them like dinos and robots.

At the right price and for the right sets (the main characters), they're a decent investment, but you're pool of interested buyers is a lot smaller than for regular LEGO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sure there is a market for this stuff.  It was and still is a popular theme(s) that is out of production.  People are paying big money for these sets in comparison to what they originally cost.   While the 6222 Core Hunter is a cool set, that might be a bit high, but it is selling close to that on Amazon.  They won't make another one, so you have that going for you.

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, stuco191 said:

Picked up these two Bundles locally... can’t find any data/price range on them anywhere. Any idea where these are from? Or what the value is?

IIRC, these were available (exclusive, maybe?) at Target.  The Bionicle sets have some good value: ~$45-60 for each.  Not sure about the video games.  I'd be tempted to break them up and sell each part separately.

Bulk 3.0 has one of the rarer parts needed for the 5004590 Bat-Pod, which drives much of its value.  I think it would be rare to find someone interested in the complete package.  But builders are definitely interested in the parts, especially if they are new.

2011-2013 was a strange time. These bundles came out because Hero Factory just wasn't moving off the shelves very well.

Edited by SpaceFan9
  • Like 1

IIRC, these were available (exclusive, maybe?) at Target.  The Bionicle sets have some good value: ~$45-60 for each.  Not sure about the video games.  I'd be tempted to break them up and sell each part separately.
Bulk 3.0 has one of the rarer parts needed for the 5004590 Bat-Pod, which drives much of its value.  I think it would be rare to find someone interested in the complete package.  But builders are definitely interested in the parts, especially if they are new.
2011-2013 was a strange time. These bundles came out because Hero Factory just wasn't moving off the shelves very well.

Great idea! Thx for the advice!