monster fighters advice needed

eracine

Hey guys, WM had 11 mummies for 7, one ghost train 54, 3 mad scientist for 35 and 2 hearse for 25 and 3 warewolf for 13. Question I have is I have 5 hearse, 3 mad scientists and 5 ghost trains already. Would you have taken the rest or stick with what you have? Also they had LOTR weather top full retail 6 left. I know they are EOL but not marked down yet. 2 wallmarts had multiple monster fighters not sure what to do. My brickfolio has a lot of monsters. Advice would be great.

if your wallet can withstand it then buy them all. you already have these sets in your brickfolio, so you must feel that they will do well (which is also the general sentiment here), so why would you not want to purchase more if it is economically feasible? the weathertops at full retail i would wait on though at this moment. be patient and keep looking for a discount.

I have about 1700 in monster fighters now. Do you sometimes question the smaller sets worth/ value? They had 2 swamp creatures as well for $5 a piece. I have been investing in lego's for a few months now and find myself questioning the smaller sets but a dollar is a dollar in the end.

I have about 1700 in monster fighters now. Do you sometimes question the smaller sets worth/ value? They had 2 swamp creatures as well for $5 a piece. I have been investing in lego's for a few months now and find myself questioning the smaller sets but a dollar is a dollar in the end.

It just kind of depends on whether your time is worth it with the smaller sets.

I have invested heavily in MF. I think the Swamp Creature will do fine and have 18 of them (@ $6 each after tax) . I think this set is getting ignored currently. These will be easy to ship and should have a nice ROI.

There's money to be made with smaller sets if picked properly (yes, easy said than done). Just look at the Batman 1 and Indy Jones sets for example.

I have invested heavily in MF. I think the Swamp Creature will do fine and have 18 of them (@ $6 each after tax) . I think this set is getting ignored currently. These will be easy to ship and should have a nice ROI.

There's money to be made with smaller sets if picked properly (yes, easy said than done). Just look at the Batman 1 and Indy Jones sets for example.

Everyone wants a Killer Croc...

Something to keep in mind. The smaller sets will be easy to ship. They are under 13 ounces which allow them to ship First Class Mail. Finding packaging for them will be a breeze. The larger sets will be hard to keep in mint condition and will be expensive to properly pack and ship.

Yea, but its more time consuming and tedious. And my WM got rid of MF a week or so ago

Yea, but its more time consuming and tedious. And my WM got rid of MF a week or so ago

Smaller shipping was tedious and a little time consuming only until I got a system down. As emazers mentioned in another thread, once you know your sizes/weights/prices pretty well and you've shipped quite a few times, it actually gets relatively simple. The ROI% is often well worth the effort. I'd buy those two Swamp Creatures at $5 without a doubt...but I have a hard time refusing Lego on sale.

I agree to a point about the batman and indy but licensed themes sell better overall.