10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

I don't see any of those sets going EOL soon besides maybe the SSD late this year or even next year. I think the Live Star might be the next UCS set to retire. It has been around for awhile now and it's still a popular set nevertheless. The time has finally come for it to be retired after the rumored Ewok Village is released IMO.

I agree. This may actually be a good time for the Live Star to fade off into EOL sunset. It would make sense to replace it with another huge set like this. It may be time to buy one or two at the next price drop (since I don't have any yet). Maybe this will be the last Xmas for it once and for all!

Alcarin, I'm not being sarcastic here. I love seeing your posts because you are almost always the voice on the unpopular side of a topic. You provide a fresh perspective. Often I don't agree, but I appreciate that you have your own opinions.

I'm with Alcarin. ROTJ turned into a little kid movie that was super cheesy and should have been Kashyyk. With Lumpy and Chewbacca's family in the mix. Not interested in the least of an Ewok village. Of course, the BPers will start pushing it and praising it and they will "twist my arm" to buy it. Tower of Orthanc over the ewok village by a mile!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. It has become popular in the last few years to lump Episode 3 in with the prequels and say it's a kiddie movie and the Ewoks are lame but that movie held just as much magic for us when we were kids as the first two. The Throne Room scene at the end is one of the best scenes in movie history. I reject the haters of Return of the Jedi!

Well, not a hater here, and yer right, i still have chirpa, wicket and logray in my Darth Vader head figure collector case, but Lucas pushed the ewoks for the kiddie quotient. Much darker vibe with Kashyyk and wookie slave labor and the like. More of an ESB tone. I like the UCS as ships/busts theme for Star Wars. I can put them on a shelf for display...Ewok village is a tough one for the shelf. Also it is Lego primarily for kids, so if they dig on cute little ewoks running around the village fighting storm troopers, then so be it. Glad my oldest is into LOTR and we collectively drool over Orthanc pics.

would love more thoughts on this. First thought I had as well.

I think this will increase the value of 8038 a lot, unless the base is included in the ewok village, but that wouldn't make much sense. I just picked one up for $115, and even if it doesn't do well, it is a pretty cool and unique set. My prediction is that it will be $200 within a year of the ewok village's release (although my predictions are often very bold)

• 2 weeks later...

did anyone see the article on the rumored ewok village? is it me or does it look kind of small for the supposed price it is gonna be? I read somewhere that it is gonna be around 250 bucks.

If that's what it is, I would put it at $149.99 tops.  Very disappointed in the pricepoint for this if it is correct.  The Sydney Opera House is supposed to be huge, so $279.99 might not be too bad.  Winter Village Market will probably be similar sized to last years Cottage at this price.  Thanks for the news, I had been waiting to hear about the Ewok set, sadly, it appears to be grossly overpriced by these pictures.

I saw that photo over on Eurobricks. It's just someone's MOC. You can even see part of one tree is built using the current small Ewok set out. The rumor stands, but this is not a spy photo of it.

I hope it is just someones moc. I expect a lot more for 250. maybe when we get a confirmed piece count and hopefully the real photo then we can rest assured that lego will do the ewok village justice

If that's what it is, I would put it at $149.99 tops.  Very disappointed in the pricepoint for this if it is correct.  The Sydney Opera House is supposed to be huge, so $279.99 might not be too bad.  Winter Village Market will probably be similar sized to last years Cottage at this price.  Thanks for the news, I had been waiting to hear about the Ewok set, sadly, it appears to be grossly overpriced by these pictures.

My only concern is that the Opera House is listed as an "Architecture" model in this article which tend to be MUCH smaller than Tower Bridge or Taj Mahal Large Scale Models.  For reference, Robie House, Architecture's largest model, is $200/2,276 pieces, but less than 1.5 ft long.  The strange thing is that its given number (10234) would lead me to believe it belongs in the Large Scale Model Line with Tower Bridge (10214) rather than the Architecture Theme (all 210XX numbers).

I hope it is just someones moc. I expect a lot more for 250. maybe when we get a confirmed piece count and hopefully the real photo then we can rest assured that lego will do the ewok village justice

Don't worry, it's a MOC, alright -- and I was just saying $250 would mean the set would be nice and beefed up, lots of features.  Would never pay $250 for something like this.

Don't worry, it's a MOC, alright -- and I was just saying $250 would mean the set would be nice and beefed up, lots of features.  Would never pay $250 for something like this.

me neither lol but I have no problem paying 250 for an epic set with lots of features and pieces

I think if the Ewok village had other features besides just the "treehouse" headquarters scenes from the film, it could be worth it.  Like they need to also include the "log roll" hill and "smashing log" features where they took down the scout walkers.  That would really add interest to the set.

That MOC looks like a rehash of the old Forestmen's Crossing set from the Castle sets of the late 80's-early 90's. The bridge is what obviously stands out right away, but also the tree on the far right looks really similar to one of the Forestmen sets. I guess that's where they took some of their inspiration from. 

My only concern is that the Opera House is listed as an "Architecture" model in this article which tend to be MUCH smaller than Tower Bridge or Taj Mahal Large Scale Models.  For reference, Robie House, Architecture's largest model, is $200/2,276 pieces, but less than 1.5 ft long.  The strange thing is that its given number (10234) would lead me to believe it belongs in the Large Scale Model Line with Tower Bridge (10214) rather than the Architecture Theme (all 210XX numbers).

We already have a Sydney Opera House from the Architecture line.  This is going to be the real thing, especially with the Exclusive numbering tag.  I really hope that the picture we have of the Ewok Village is someone's moc, because that won't cut it for a $250 playset, it's not even close.