10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

My only concern is that the Opera House is listed as an "Architecture" model in this article which tend to be MUCH smaller than Tower Bridge or Taj Mahal Large Scale Models.  For reference, Robie House, Architecture's largest model, is $200/2,276 pieces, but less than 1.5 ft long.  The strange thing is that its given number (10234) would lead me to believe it belongs in the Large Scale Model Line with Tower Bridge (10214) rather than the Architecture Theme (all 210XX numbers).

Don't worry the LEGO knows they messed up putting out that tiny POS architecture set of the SOH so this is their way of making it right. It will be spectacular I'm sure!

We already have a Sydney Opera House from the Architecture line.  This is going to be the real thing, especially with the Exclusive numbering tag.  I really hope that the picture we have of the Ewok Village is someone's moc, because that won't cut it for a $250 playset, it's not even close. 

That image is a MOC and just meant to give us an idea of what the set could look like. I agree in it is nowhere near the $250 or even $200 mark by a stretch, and my fingers are crossed they will give the Sydney Opera House the rendition it deserves. post-2081-0-08598000-1369897447.gif

I didn't catch this in the thread but is there a tentative date for these coming out?

If the announcement is really tomorrow for the Ewok Village then I wouldn't be surprised if this set was released this coming new year. (January 2014.) It might come out later during the Summer of 2014 too. That is just a guess and nobody is 100% certain yet.

My boy and I just watched the video. He wants one ASAP. It greatly reminds him of his Kenner Ewok Village.

Personally, I think it complements the Death Star and Ewok bunker sets. Looks cool but it is still Ewoks. It def does not replace the Death Star in size and element count. Something like Cloud City or Hoth would have done that. However, I can now see the Death Star being replaced by this since (aka retired) like my son, other kids will be GA GA over this set and parents will like the price point compared to the Death Star.

It is def time to by the Death Star as soon as the next Amazon decent sale occurs.