6865 - Captain America's Avenging Cycle

kerrmando

• 1 month later...

I had about 16 captain America's that I bought all for $9. I put them on eBay for $25.00 and sold every single one within 20 days. Not a huge profit like I am used to but it was some nice pocket change. This set seems to be really hot for the Christmas season. 

It may not be a lot of money, but it is a lot for such a small set. You made a good $200 off all those sets.

Guest TabbyBoy

I may now regret returning the 30 sets to Argos due to them being crushed by piss poor packaging and covered in labels. Do you think box condition matters a lot with this set? I have lots of Cat Cycles anyhow.

I may now regret returning the 30 sets to Argos due to them being crushed by piss poor packaging and covered in labels. Do you think box condition matters a lot with this set? I have lots of Cat Cycles anyhow.

The box condition sometimes matters. It depends on the set. You could always take all the contents out of the box and sell them that way if the box is that damaged..

Depends on what you paid for them. Usually box condition does detract from the value, but only by a small amount. I`ve practically given up looking for Mint boxes and settle for slight shelf wear. Don`t care as much if the discount is enough. Bottom line on yours, if they were cheap enough, would have been best not to worry about the box. 

Guest TabbyBoy

The box condition sometimes matters. It depends on the set. You could always take all the contents out of the box and sell them that way if the box is that damaged..

Thanks... I have other sets in squashed boxes so I may flatten the box and send it with the sealed bags and instructions in a padded envelope. At least nobody should complain yet. I've seen MF Mummy sets for sale at

• 5 weeks later...

I believe many people have been flipping them already. There is a new Captain America movie coming out soon, which probably means LEGO will put out new sets that will have the Capt. So far, this is the only set in the Superheroes line that has the Captain America minifigure, so the price might drop a bit if new sets come out.

I would sell it now.  They haven't made any new sets based on the new Thor movie.  I doubt they would make any new ones with Captain America.

They aren't making it based on the movies, but on the Avengers Assemble TV Show. A new Cap is coming, along with Hulk, MODOK, Falcon, Thor, Taskmaster, Red Skull and HYDRA soldier figs. I am glad to have cleaned out my CAAC inventory no matter what happens with the set from now on and have been very happy with the results. 

i wouldn't worry about them crashing. As the first Captain America Lego set, Avenging cycle will always be somewhat collectible and HTF.  CAAC is doing good with a little bit more room to grow until Easter 2014, in my opinion.  It will stabalize when the new set is released, but I don't think it will drop. The figures are different after all. 

Either way its a good little pick for everyone at this point!    

current price on amazon now approaching $35 steady...

I have 7 of these at the moment. Will not be selling them anytime soon, despite considering it some time ago. If Lego does not make any more CA sets (I believe at least one is expected next year) who knows how much this one will be worth. $30 is great for a $13 set, but I can still see it going higher. Don`t really care if it does plateau out, will sell them then. Can`t see the value coming down unless the rumoured CA set next near has a similar or the same design.  Paid $17 a piece Can. anyway, so to sell now with fees seems pointless for $5-7 each.