Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

My great debate - buy 2 tonight, so I can get the balloon cart and the VIP points, or buy 2 tomorrow at LEGOLAND California, where I don't get the balloon cart or VIP points, but I do get 10% off.

The ballon cart is for me, not investment, so I could always BL one, or buy one aftermarket.

Some things to consider: I do have $10 in VIP points available, and I do want the Carnival Mixer.

Is it just me, or is LEGO Shop at Home not loading?  I am wondering because of all the traffic they are probably experiencing right now.

Loaded just fine for me a few minutes ago.

Same here. Here's a link directly to the Ecto-1 page, in case it is just the main page taking a while to load: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Ghostbusters-Ecto-1-21108?fromListing=listing

My great debate - buy 2 tonight, so I can get the balloon cart and the VIP points, or buy 2 tomorrow at LEGOLAND California, where I don't get the balloon cart or VIP points, but I do get 10% off.

The ballon cart is for me, not investment, so I could always BL one, or buy one aftermarket.

Some things to consider: I do have $10 in VIP points available, and I do want the Carnival Mixer.

Buy a Triple E to get the ballon cart, then get a pair of Ectos tomorrow.

Buy 2 tonight for Balloon Cart, and 2 more tomorrow for another :rofl:

Is it just me, or is LEGO Shop at Home not loading?  I am wondering because of all the traffic they are probably experiencing right now.

When I view my cart with Ecto-1's in it:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and your order may take up to 24 hours to process. Please note that if your order qualifies for promotions, they will be applied after we have processed your transaction. Express shipping options and payment using VIP rewards are not available during this time. Product availability may also be inaccurate during this time. Your order confirmation email will be delivered after your transaction has been processed.

If you have any questions, please call our friendly Consumer Service Experts at the number shown at the bottom of this page. Please note that we are also unable to accept phone orders at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Also, VIP points are not redeemable.

Oops! We are experiencing technical difficulties and are currently unable to enable payment using VIP Points. If you would like to place your order using VIP Points, please call our friendly consumer service experts on the number shown at the bottom of this page.

I think if you order now you will still get the cart. It says the order will not process until tomorrow and any promotions will be applied. 

Good point, I`m curious though if this is the case, because the promo states "June 1st" for Balloon Cart, so technically speaking, wouldn`t that mean ordering 2 horsu early would not qualify? If it does, I`m ordering now, but if not, I`m waiting. 

Also, don`t forget, Benny`s Spaceship is available later as well! 

Good point, I`m curious though if this is the case, because the promo states "June 1st" for Balloon Cart, so technically speaking, wouldn`t that mean ordering 2 horsu early would not qualify? If it does, I`m ordering now, but if not, I`m waiting. 

Also, don`t forget, Benny`s Spaceship is available later as well! 

It's probably not worth risking it. I doubt it goes oos tomorrow. Did the delorean go oos fast? 

It's probably not worth risking it. I doubt it goes oos tomorrow. Did the delorean go oos fast? 

I don`t think so, no. Delorean went OOS a few days afterward if I remember, but that was with order limit of 2. I`m waiting, no point in tossing money at something like this and risking it. I really want to build it, but jumping the gun rather than timing correctly is stupid. If it does go OOS, 100% guarantee it will be back, no losses. 

It is live now. I just scored my limit of 5, so get 'em while they're hot!! :rofl:

Going to wait another 1 hour for Balloon cart to shave off $15 or so from the price. That and VIP points make it a better buy. Just hoping they last that long.