Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

I guess there's no real point in trying to discuss if a set is a good or bad investment anymore. If you say its a bad investment people just say "I bought this for 50% off so I'll still make money", if you say it's a good investment people say "it won't be anywhere like set xxxx".

Everyone has their own interpretation of what is a good profit margin. £10 profit is nothing for Mr A while for Mr B it is an amazing ROI. 

I don't think anymore constructive info will come out of retired set threads, apart from periodic updates on how the set is performing.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Ok

51 listings.

Yikes. :)

If 51 listings scares you away, check this sites membership numbers and just quit.

22 hours ago, Val-E said:

Just to put some context into things, Ecto 1 has 190 sellers with 700 units whereas Delorean has 58 and 109 and is selling for 120-130 euros (3 times RRP) 2 years after retirement.

RI, which retired around the same time as BTTF, has 93 sellers with 330 units and is selling for 35-40 euros (1.8x RRP).

Neither can be considered rare with those numbers of units still available and single figure monthly sales.

Wall-E is on 108 sellers with 230 units and is going for 65 euros with 20 sales so far this month. I like those numbers a lot but we´ll see if Ecto can do better.

Ecto is already 1.6 retail on amazon usa right out of the gate and was easily attainable for .8 retail throughout its life.

The quality of this set and the IP it comes from will give it legs for a long time.  Easy winner, even the horde couldn't kill it.

1 hour ago, AlMa2017 said:

Just had a phone call with TLC.  They told me it wont come back and there are no more sets left...i missed the 25Euro offer about one hour :(

Theres no hope i guess ... except for 49.99 at a local store...

And I am betting, they will come back for an hour, as returns of people who have bought this set jut before it has been discounted. If they were able to order them afterwards at the discounted price it would make only sense to return the undiscounted ones...

2 hours ago, AlMa2017 said:

Just had a phone call with TLC.  They told me it wont come back and there are no more sets left...i missed the 25Euro offer about one hour :(

Theres no hope i guess ... except for 49.99 at a local store...

That means it WILL come back and there WILL be more sets left. Give it a week or two.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Some big names on the FBA list coming up... it will probably take a while to clear the log jam. I hope I'm wrong. 

Selling 10 units a day at the current sales rank. Looks like the usual names currently have 50 units each. That won't last long, but they could always restock. The combination of the gate and allowing the buy box even for the inflated prices has made Lego very easy money again on Amazon. The last 2 years they disabled the buy box on items where the price bumped too quickly but it seems they have tweaked the code to allow for increases in discontinued items now. That is huge for all the mobile sales. Everything we bought in 2016 is already 100% ROI after all fees under the Lego brand. Golden Age 2.0.

• Like 2