Jump to content

Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Recommended Posts

It´s that annoying time of the year when Amazon start listing stuff they have no chance of delivering and bringing everyone else´s prices down. Even worse than 1GBP FVF on Ebay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once had one of these 'We need a little more time...' messages for 70323 Jestro's Lair. It got as far as dispatched and out for delivery, but was supposedly 'damaged  in transit' on the van so I never actually saw it. I nearly sent the email as an entry for the Booker Prize for Fiction. 

Happens all year I think with various sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently Im still able to get these NEW MISB boxes of Bionicles around RRP prices.  - anyone interested? I dont suppose that there are like 20 of each or so.. probably the last pieces

70782 70783 70791 70794 71300 71301 71302 71304 71311 71313 71314

Edited by crayxlp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

apparently Im still able to get these NEW MISB boxes of Bionicles around RRP prices.  - anyone interested? I dont suppose that there are like 20 of each or so.. probably the last pieces

70782 70783 70791 70794 71300 71301 71302 71304 71311 71313 71314

Nice investment opportunity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently Im still able to get these NEW MISB boxes of Bionicles around RRP prices.  - anyone interested? I dont supposed that there are like 20 of each or so.. probably the last pieces

70782 70783 70791 70794 71300 71301 71302 71304 71311 71313

3 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Nice investment opportunity.

well yeah, but not from my point of view.. being in Europe? the overseas shipping charges just kill it .. id rather help someone to complete his/her collection and enjoy my local bonus points.. 

Edited by crayxlp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

apparently Im still able to get these NEW MISB boxes of Bionicles around RRP prices.  - anyone interested? I dont supposed that there are like 20 of each or so.. probably the last pieces

70782 70783 70791 70794 71300 71301 71302 71304 71311 71313

well yeah, but not from my point of view.. being in Europe? the overseas shipping charges just kill it .. id rather help someone to complete his/her collection and enjoy my local bonus points.. 

Maybe for someone willing to buy them all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the same.. I believe that there has to be first some kind of "announcement" that this is obtainable and whoever is interested can participate. Basically shipping just one set is awfully inefficient given the shipping charges (from here 1 pound to US costs 11.70 USD - registered, signed-for) .. but  10 pounds cost 32 USD.

and just for the record, the (local) purchase for all the above mentioned sets together (compared to the actual exch rate to USD) comes to 229 USD..  anyone interested, feel free to contact me. 

p.S... it would be really great to having something like "classifieds" on this site with 1-6 pictures of the sets, limited description up to 1000 characters or so.. and to totally AVOID these ebay / amazon killing fees.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

No, check back in 2108.

Make that 21108 ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold an Ecto II yesterday. But my Ecto 1 is still listed.  Sold for $75 on EBAY. Buy in was around $35. So not too bad. My Ecto 1 is listed BIN at $104. 

Edited by Gonkalin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Anyone see an uptake on sales of this set? I sold my last two this weekend. Assuming due to GBHQ pickups?

or Xmas?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy

You just need a little patience with this set and wait for the hoarders to thin out a bit. I'm nowhere near thinking of putting mine up for sale yet. I'm holding out for £75 after fees, but I can still shift them at any time for 2x buy-in if I get desperate or if a resurrection is on the cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with XMAS the set is not really moving. I am monitoring Amazon and Ebay but sales are disappointing. Good I "only"went for 100 😼, hopefully next XMAS will be the time to sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Even with XMAS the set is not really moving. I am monitoring Amazon and Ebay but sales are disappointing. Good I "only"went for 100 😼, hopefully next XMAS will be the time to sell.

Even if you're only making €20 per unit if you sell now, that's still a fantastic return. Xmas isn't really a good time to sell as a lot of people want the latest and greatest products at the lowest prices. I personally find that Xmas competition is too high, there's too many scammers and I actually get better prices from February onwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Even if you're only making €20 per unit if you sell now, that's still a fantastic return. Xmas isn't really a good time to sell as a lot of people want the latest and greatest products at the lowest prices. I personally find that Xmas competition is too high, there's too many scammers and I actually get better prices from February onwards.

Yes 20€ per set is more than doable atm. I will get rid of my stack next XMAS and hope prices will rise to 130-150€ by then. For me XMAS is the time for moving, but YMMV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Yes 20€ per set is more than doable atm. I will get rid of my stack next XMAS and hope prices will rise to 130-150€ by then. For me XMAS is the time for moving, but YMMV. 

Try to sell Worldwide (not eBay GSP) as it's not too expensive to post and some people will pay through the nose for small retired LEGO sets, especially Australians 😉  Stalking the Australian thread on here has been quite lucrative for me.

I don't know about your experiences with scams, but I avoid shipping to Russia, Africa, Middle East and South Korea - no offence intended.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Try to sell Worldwide (not eBay GSP) as it's not too expensive to post and some people will pay through the nose for small retired LEGO sets, especially Australians 😉  Stalking the Australian thread on here has been quite lucrative for me.

I don't know about your experiences with scams, but I avoid shipping to Russia, Africa, Middle East and South Korea - no offence intended.

 

Why not GSP, Tabs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
31 minutes ago, Lego Benito said:

Why not GSP, Tabs?

It's too expensive for the buyer for a 400x200x100mm 1KG package. eBay rip off the buyers too! Last time I shipped one to Japan, I charged £8 where GSP would've charged £18 That was last year, not sure if it's changed. GSP sometimes even unpack your set to put it in a lighter and weaker box or even a bag! It happened to me once when I customer in New Zealand got a crushed Doctor Who, luckily I took photos of the packed box with the tracking number to UK GSP. The buyer got it in a sodding bin liner!

Edited by TabbyBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new Ghostbusters film was announced last week, for release next year, and the teaser seems to feature the original Ecto-1.

Does Lego still have the rights? I note Playmobil have been trotting out Ectos for the last couple of years. Could be either remake hell or - if they’re unable to - a delicious time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

A new Ghostbusters film was announced last week, for release next year, and the teaser seems to feature the original Ecto-1.

Does Lego still have the rights? I note Playmobil have been trotting out Ectos for the last couple of years. Could be either remake hell or - if they’re unable to - a delicious time. 

Since an IDEAS set hasn't been resurrected yet and that LEGO may not want to pay royalties again to the 21108 designer, couldn't they just modify 75828? It's also no longer the 30th anniversary of the original movie so I think that 21108 is safe. My 21108 bail is set at £75 post fees (1.5x RRP), which is a long way off yet.

However, as with any set, don't get greedy and hold for too long - ask any Taj Mahal hoarder - LOL.

With the rumoured new BTTF movie, perhaps the 21103 could come back if LEGO want war!

Any number of vendors can have a licence and not many are exclusive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible that even with a remake of 21108, it's not as good as the original. At the very least, it will stir up interest in the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
25 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

It's possible that even with a remake of 21108, it's not as good as the original. At the very least, it will stir up interest in the first.

It will probably help the first as LEGO are bound to charge more for less plastic by perhaps...  Increasing the piece count using smaller bricks to mislead the consumer?

OMG... what will we do if the Exo Suit gets remade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...