Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Djin said:

I'm not ready with the remake of the Ghostbusters Ecto-1. Its original was great!

IMHO, originals are nearly always the best. No reseller is ready for a remake of anything. If this does happen, LEGO will certainly sink to new depths and lose fans.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, The Leveller said:

I had five of these and sold them all in December. Think I made about 70 euro after fees. Glad to free up the space. This set should have retired one year earlier.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

€14 each profit after fees? You must have paid near or over RRP then. I paid 0.5x RRP average for mine and can easily get 1.2x RRP cash all day long. However, I'm keeping the last 20 for when the new movie comes out where £100 is possible unless there's an EXACT remake.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Tom J said:

I had a return, don't think it had a sticker sheet and can't find the answer doing a search 

I've just checked the Eurobricks review and this confirms it didn't have one:

'This set contain zero stickers and the above parts are printed bricks and tiles. It is always a wonderful treat when we are able to see nil stickers and able to enjoy the printed parts as it is. You get a total of 2 license plates for the front and back, 4 proton packs, 4 Ghostbusters' logos and a computer terminal'

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maestro said:

Hi. I have 3 Ecto-1s bought brand new in 2015, absolute mint. Anyway I have a buyer for 1 of them, non eBay. How much should I be selling this for? thank you. I've only ever sold 1 of my Lego collection before and that was a long time ago.

How much would you have to pay to buy one yourself?

4 minutes ago, maestro said:

Guess I'd have to check that on eBay. I've seen some sell for up to $115. I originally paid about $60 for it.

you have to factor in the fee and such, not sure how it's calculated in Ireland. If $115 is shipping included price, you have to factor in the shipping as well. So your overall profit may not be that good as you think.

or you can try your local classifieds, fee free but will be sold at a lower price. 

12 minutes ago, maestro said:

Guess I'd have to check that on eBay. I've seen some sell for up to $115. I originally paid about $60 for it.

It doesn't make a difference what you paid for it.  Find the average on Ebay (total) and subtract 20% for fees.  Generally speaking that is a fair price that your buyer can verify him/herself.

2 minutes ago, SLL said:

you have to factor in the fee and such, not sure how it's calculated in Ireland. If $115 is shipping included price, you have to factor in the shipping as well. So your overall profit may not be that good as you think.

or you can try your local classifieds, fee free but will be sold at a lower price. 

I will quote the buyer for for postage and packaging and add that on. I will try to make a profit of $30 but if it's less than that so be it.

1 minute ago, gmpirate said:

It doesn't make a difference what you paid for it.  Find the average on Ebay (total) and subtract 20% for fees.  Generally speaking that is a fair price that your buyer can verify him/herself.

That's good advice, thank you.