Here is a Fact if you sell on line and want to keep your Paypal Transactions below 200 Items

Well, that's true of sales tax but I am sure there are ways to cheat the European tax code in some other area. But as you said, that makes it more difficult.

yeh every single thing I purchase even on amazon.uk.com i get auto added VAT (or sales tax) 

yeh maybe somewhere else in Europe you could :P I wouldnt know that :D

The worst thing about tax law in America is that the government doesn't make an effort to educate citizens about it. You can say it's my responsibility to find out for myself, sure. But I could say that, hypothetically speaking, if I wanted my cut of your money, I'd make damn sure you knew how much you owed me.

Anybody here learn any tax law in high school? Probably not. I'm of the opinion that personal finance should be a significant area of study in public schools. It's no wonder this country goes in and out of financial crises; money is a subject often ignored in education.

• Like 1

One thing I'd like to point out is the liberal use of the term "cheat" when describing tax loopholes. The fact is the US tax system is the most complex in the world and it actually encourages both individuals and corporations to find ways to pay less tax through loopholes, legal tax avoidance and deductions. This is not "cheating." The tax code actually tells how to use these techniques to pay less tax. Often these techniques can only be used if you have the proper advice (and money to pay for that advice). That is why proponents of a simple flat tax often refer to it as a "fair tax." Defenders of the system could say that it encourages entrepreneurship and capitalism. A simpler system would for sure reduce the number of tax lawyers, accountants, and other tax-related jobs!

The worst thing about tax law in America is that the government doesn't make an effort to educate citizens about it. You can say it's my responsibility to find out for myself, sure. But I could say that, hypothetically speaking, if I wanted my cut of your money, I'd make damn sure you knew how much you owed me.

Anybody here learn any tax law in high school? Probably not. I'm of the opinion that personal finance should be a significant area of study in public schools. It's no wonder this country goes in and out of financial crises; money is a subject often ignored in education.

Id go as far and actually say thats on purpose....

Its same in our schools... people think payment is what you get on bank account.... totally dumb thinking imo.... but even on FINANCIAL colelges we dont get thought about taxes and pays...

Its like country doesnt want us to know that...

You don't have income taxes there that you have to report?

No a DURS (Dav?na uprava Republike Slovenia) basically tax office automatically collects all data on each working citizen (others do not to pay it) and each year around MAY I get for a year back an already filled out tax form that is only there for information... and if nothing is wrong then Simply I pay small amounts or get small amounts back (that is due to difference in yearly and monthly payment taxation... ) for example If i get paid 600

One thing I'd like to point out is the liberal use of the term "cheat" when describing tax loopholes. The fact is the US tax system is the most complex in the world and it actually encourages both individuals and corporations to find ways to pay less tax through loopholes, legal tax avoidance and deductions. This is not "cheating." The tax code actually tells how to use these techniques to pay less tax. Often these techniques can only be used if you have the proper advice (and money to pay for that advice). That is why proponents of a simple flat tax often refer to it as a "fair tax." Defenders of the system could say that it encourages entrepreneurship and capitalism. A simpler system would for sure reduce the number of tax lawyers, accountants, and other tax-related jobs!

Agreed, the thread has gone a little off track but using loopholes is one thing, not reporting your income is another. 

I would love a fair tax but there are more tax prepares in this country than police and firemen combined. (Most just work seasonally)  We will never change our tax system.  (I hope I am totally wrong about that second part.)

It sounds like it's still easy enough to cheat your system. Don't report your Christmas bonus, don't notify of an error in your favor, etc.

Impossible to do that...

because if I get it paid on my bank account 8which is the only way) it gets notified automatically because accountant has to pay taxes from it and pension funds percentages...

I do not report anything.... the company does.... If they do not report it they are making the cheating... hence then they would be charged what I got too much on tax payout...

I do nothing with tax reports apart of checking the numbers.... All I am legally bound to do is notify them if any of then umbers on the tax form are incorrect...

then they start individual procedures.

I understand racism, which is what your comments and attitudes toward gypsies look like to me. We have a great many welfare recipients in this country with lots of kids, and I suppose I could make disparaging comments on them based on their varying races, if I didn't have to look in the mirror every morning.

I also don't generalize entire countries' populations in insulting ways - I find it's both more kind and more sensible to take individuals as I find them rather than despising people based on race, nationality, or financial status.

They have no country....    technically they are not different race, nationality or anything....  If majority of some population is something there is technically possible to generalize (51%) and that is the case with gypsies in my country.... Dont worry i piss on the same Slovenians doing that all the same... :P

Impossible to do that...

because if I get it paid on my bank account 8which is the only way) it gets notified automatically because accountant has to pay taxes from it and pension funds percentages...

I do not report anything.... the company does.... If they do not report it they are making the cheating... hence then they would be charged what I got too much on tax payout...

I do nothing with tax reports apart of checking the numbers.... All I am legally bound to do is notify them if any of then umbers on the tax form are incorrect...

then they start individual procedures.

I stand corrected. I guess Slovenia has it all figured out.

I stand corrected. I guess Slovenia has it all figured out.

Yeah we have many dumb things all over buy tax system is one of the best.....

99% of tax fraud is done by companies called SP (kinda like 1 man company) where people use grey economy to get plumbers, electricians tilesrs, for home work and pay them with cash and no receipts.....

Its technically impossible to cheat the tax system as an individual citizen though :P ... I guess thats 1 of rare +++ things in the whole retarded country lol...

But as you could read you can cheat the social system so easily... if you get 5 kids country pays your pension and gives you PAYMENT per month 600

As a parent of 2 young children, I say all parents should get all the money in the whole world. Kids are feral creatures. It's hard work sustaining the human species while you bachelors build Lego.

Anyone with 50 kids is not getting paid enough, regardless of their employment lol.

Thats a good point. I wouldn't have one kid to make 17,000Euros or whatever they have in Slovenia a year.

What if you sell a bunch of LEGO in a cash transaction and don't report it?

Yeah ofcourse thats grey economy just like everywhere else...

As a parent of 2 young children, I say all parents should get all the money in the whole world. Kids are feral creatures. It's hard work sustaining the human species while you bachelors build Lego.

Anyone with 50 kids is not getting paid enough, regardless of their employment lol.

I would heavily disagree.... I am a firm believer that you need to have enough money to raise and pay for your own children if you cannot you should not have them... but thats another topic on its own...  

Technically looking I and every Slovenian resident is already 25.000