Target instore/online Lego Star Wars Deals 34% off 9488, 35% off 9496, and 28% off 75003

sadowsk1

So, I was able to get a Desert Skiff but something weird happened on the order confirmation page. For some reason, the order did not calculate the usual tax, that may be added later I guess, I got this message as well: "Oops, we were unable to calculate tax for your order. Learn More" So I click on the learn more link and, to my surprise, this is what it says: "More about tax engine being down Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi commodo, ipsum sed pharetra gravida, orci magna rhoncus neque, id pulvinar odio lorem non turpis. Nullam sit amet enim. Suspendisse id velit vitae ligula volutpat condimentum. Aliquam erat volutpat. Sed quis velit. Nulla facilisi. Nulla libero. Vivamus pharetra posuere sapien. Nam consectetuer. Sed aliquam, nunc eget euismod ullamcorper, lectus nunc ullamcorper orci, fermentum bibendum enim nibh eget ipsum. Donec porttitor ligula eu dolor. Maecenas vitae nulla consequat libero cursus venenatis." Crazy stuff in Latin lol. I tried to translate it on Google just for fun, but being Latin, the translation does not make sense at all. Weird.

So, I was able to get a Desert Skiff but something weird happened on the order confirmation page. For some reason, the order did not calculate the usual tax, that may be added later I guess, I got this message as well:

"Oops, we were unable to calculate tax for your order. Learn More"

So I click on the learn more link and, to my surprise, this is what it says:

"More about tax engine being down

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi commodo, ipsum sed pharetra gravida, orci magna rhoncus neque, id pulvinar odio lorem non turpis. Nullam sit amet enim. Suspendisse id velit vitae ligula volutpat condimentum. Aliquam erat volutpat. Sed quis velit. Nulla facilisi. Nulla libero. Vivamus pharetra posuere sapien. Nam consectetuer. Sed aliquam, nunc eget euismod ullamcorper, lectus nunc ullamcorper orci, fermentum bibendum enim nibh eget ipsum. Donec porttitor ligula eu dolor. Maecenas vitae nulla consequat libero cursus venenatis."

Crazy stuff in Latin lol. I tried to translate it on Google just for fun, but being Latin, the translation does not make sense at all. Weird.

Don't read all of that Latin out loud....it might be from the book of the dead! And Bruce Campbell's getting too old to come save us again. ;-)

To Buy some of these for your own Collection is OK, but to spend hundreds of Dollars on getting as many of these as you can for investment is a mistake.

I agree. Only got one for my own collection, but I stick to larger sets as investments.

@tony thanks for that, had no idea they used it as placeholder.

I've been monitoring Target prices for months and this is the best prices I've seen. Being that I sell these overseas, its a great deal. Best price for the Desert Skiff was back on Black Friday last year for $15+ tax. With a Target Red Card I'm looking at !5.34 + tax for whats available now. With a 120 day Target Red Card Return Policy. I think its a great deal.

I do not think its a mistake to stock up on the desert skiff. The MSRP for these is $24.99. You can acquire them at $15.xx plus tax now. With 4 minifigs, it's hard to go wrong with these. The battle pack and the A-Wings are not bad, but the desert skiff is great IMO. Online you can only buy 5 units at a time.

I would buy 7 Dessert Skiffs instead of 1 Jabbas Palace for investment. Here are the reason's why: MSRP for Jabba' Palace is $119.99 / Target's Price $114.00 MSRP for Desert Skiff is $24.99 / Target's Price: $16.15 Target Red Card gives you 5% more + 30 additional days to return an item (120 Days total) Shipping is Free with a Target Red Card. Sales Tax - Depends on the state you are in. Plus if you have any of these accounts, you get additional rebates: MrRabates 3% Rebate or ****** 2% Rebate With Jabbas Palace you get only 5% off on this sale + another 8% with a Target Red Card + Rebate Program = 13% discount off MSRP With Dessert Skiff you get 35% off on this sale + another 8% with a Target Red Card +Rebate Program = 43% discount off MSRP.

The prices in the store don't match what they offer online but they'll honor the online price if you go to the Service Counter. They had all the same sets and a few more marked as "On Sale" but other than 1 or 2 exceptions all their "Sale" prices were higher than their online "Sale". A bit frustrating as it takes some work on your part to get them to sell them to you as they advertise.

I knew a sale was due for the A-Wing, alright! And I may just pick up another Desert Skiff for the heck of it.

Now when I click the link for the Desert Skif it takes me to YoYo.com What's up with that? Earlier today I tried it and it took me to Target.

I fixed the url. It should take you to Target now.