3188 - Heartlake Vet

TheOrcKing

• 6 months later...

There are so many new Friends sets,  I am planning on every 2012 Friends set that is sold out at LEGO Shop at Home to be EOL.  This may or may not be right, but check out the price jumps on sets like Heartlake Stables.  Almost doubled already on Amazon.  I am buying every Vet, Stables, and Camper I can find.  The last ones I have found were at Barnes and Noble last week.  I got a Vet and a Stables for retail minus 10% there.  I hope to sell them this Christmas.

This one was weird.  I checked last weekend and it was still $32.99 on Amazon.com, but they had at least 999 in stock.  It then jumped to $44.95 early last week.  Now it's gone and only available from resellers on Amazon.  Really weird?  I just found a few at some local Wal-Marts, so I'll put a some in my stockroom.

I noticed Heartlake Stables disappeared from Amazon while Heartlake Vet on Target's website did weeks ago. I could still find these in store but I doubt for much longer considering Black Friday (more like 'Grey Week') is coming up fast. Looks like it's "do or die" time!

I just bought 10 today walmart site to store was pretty awkward .. first time buying girl legos in person :(

I hope I can unload these before christmas dont want to tie up capital

Guest TabbyBoy

So glad that I bought a bunch of "near EOL" Friends sets during Amazon's recent sale and Argos' 3-for-2 sale.  I hope to start listing them next week.

I wouldn't panic. I think the vet set won't sell out for a while. It's just not that popular. So many cooler sets have come out since and that's what girls are going to want for xmas. Given that, if you see a fantastic deal, I would go for it...why not. I haven't seen it discounted much at all since I started watching at the beginning of this year. That and the Pet Salon.

But that's just my gut feeling  :wink:

Guest TabbyBoy

I wouldn't panic. I think the vet set won't sell out for a while. It's just not that popular. So many cooler sets have come out since and that's what girls are going to want for xmas. Given that, if you see a fantastic deal, I would go for it...why not. I haven't seen it discounted much at all since I started watching at the beginning of this year. That and the Pet Salon.

But that's just my gut feeling  :wink:

Vet and Pet Salon will be good to pair up, that's how I plan to sell mine

This one was weird.  I checked last weekend and it was still $32.99 on Amazon.com, but they had at least 999 in stock.  It then jumped to $44.95 early last week.  Now it's gone and only available from resellers on Amazon.  Really weird?  I just found a few at some local Wal-Marts, so I'll put a some in my stockroom.

FYI.... I frequently used the enter 999 quantity on Amazon to check stock, however lately I have realized it is not 100% accurate. I believe they have changed something with it. It seems to only work under 300 units for me now... There have been a few instances where I knew they didn't have 999 in stock but it was showing they did, a few days later they had 200 or less. 

FYI.... I frequently used the enter 999 quantity on Amazon to check stock, however lately I have realized it is not 100% accurate. I believe they have changed something with it. It seems to only work under 300 units for me now... There have been a few instances where I knew they didn't have 999 in stock but it was showing they did, a few days later they had 200 or less. 

Much appreciated, that's good to know...

What are you talking about? I have price matched walmart at targets at least 30 times ... Unless a policy change just went into affect?

They have about a 7% chode percentage.  I ran into one that wouldn't pricematch correctly and use the coupon, so I just told them I'd go down to the road to another Target, and I did.

They shouldn't refuse to price match as it is their policy, you can look it up on their website or try to get a copy of their policies to show the employees..  That sounds like a uninformed or lazy employee.  As far as the coupon goes, their actual policy is to apply any coupons and then price match, that is where those same uninformed employees benefit us.  It sounds like exciter1 got one of the few informed employees out there.

I just bought 10 today walmart site to store was pretty awkward .. first time buying girl legos in person :(

I hope I can unload these before christmas dont want to tie up capital

I've bought and price matched plenty of Friends sets at Target (sometimes Walmart). Somewhere I keep expecting one of the cashiers (especially at Target 'cause they're all ladies) to ask me "Who are they for?" or "Ah, do you have daughter?". Thankfully, no one has brought up 'the question' but I do wonder what I'll say if that happens. :sweat: I'll probably just say "Naw, they're for me. I love to build!" which is the truth. :pardon:

Anyway, I have some hope Heartlake Vet will find its audience (and value). I figure Heartlake Stables should do well especially considering how high the secondary prices on Amazon are at already; I just wonder if perhaps one would be best to sell it before next year's Sunshine Ranch comes out? Then again the Heartlake Stables could go well with the upcoming Heartlake Horse Show. Hmm....

Target refused to price match Lego against Walmart.com. Good luck for the brave souls that want to attempt. I dont want to rain on anyones parade but the informed emplyees will turn you down.

Sounds more like an uninformed employee or perhaps they did not want to price match because the discount difference was 'too high'. Anything on sale for 30% or more, they will need to call in a manager to override the system.

• 2 months later...

Vet seemed to out perform the Stables at Christmas by a few dollars, and it is a cheaper set.  I would not pass up clearance on the Stables though.  I haven't seen either in my parts since before Christmas.  I would love to find some on clearance.  

I don't think we really know that is going to happen with most Friends sets since so few have retired, but the prices went crazy at Christmas.  It will be interesting to see what the retired sets do this year if new sets are available.  I expect big things, but I am not all in, yet.

Vet seemed to out perform the Stables at Christmas by a few dollars, and it is a cheaper set.  I would not pass up clearance on the Stables though.  I haven't seen either in my parts since before Christmas.  I would love to find some on clearance.  

I don't think we really know that is going to happen with most Friends sets since so few have retired, but the prices went crazy at Christmas.  It will be interesting to see what the retired sets do this year if new sets are available.  I expect big things, but I am not all in, yet.

This whole Bronies scene creeps me out...

• Like 1