3188 - Heartlake Vet

TheOrcKing

This whole Bronies scene creeps me out...

It gets weirder when my son's friends dressed as their favorite pony for halloween.  If you pressed me, I could probably name all the main ponies, but my daughter talks about them constantly.  Like Darth_Raichu said, the money is good.

Beach house is my pick for the best friends set this year.  You gotta moor the Cruiser somewhere.  I flipped a bunch before Christmas.  The prices I got were crazy.

• 4 months later...

I found a lone Stables at my local Walmart for$15 but the seals were broken so I had to pass :(

That's a bummer!

I'm wondering if it's just an item that got returned, no malice or anything intended. The Friends mini-dolls aren't worth much individually (I hesitate to even consider them "collectible"). Unless there's a valuable piece in the set that I don't know about.

I used to be afraid, but not any more.  I would have asked to open it up and examine everything at customer service.  But I would have taken a bet on that one.

You still could have made money on it.

As far as Stable v Vet, vet is the winner. The vet is hitting $90 already. I'm hoping for $125+ at xmas. 

• Like 1

Unless there's a valuable piece in the set that I don't know about.

It's the only set with a 45 degree 2x4 slope in bright pink, only one with the 8x16 tile in dark red, only one with a hand cart trolley in dark pink, one of three with the half large barrel container in medium blue, one of three with the 1x1 clip holder brick in medium blue, one of two with the latticed window pane in medium blue, one of two with a 7x3 bars with double clips in medium blue, one of three with the 1x1x3 vertical double clip holder in yellow, one of three with the 1x1x5 brick in yellow, one of six with the 1x12x3 archway in tan, and the only set with the unique jockey outfit. Aside from those, nothing too outstanding.

You still could have made money on it.

As far as Stable v Vet, vet is the winner. The vet is hitting $90 already. I'm hoping for $125+ at xmas.

That's a pricy veterinarian. Then again, that sounds about normal price for a regular checkup. Haha.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I see Heartlake Stables catching up to the Vet on Amazon, could be a good sign.

Any growth is great with me.  I am planning to sell all the first wave friends this Christmas and putting my Friends money into Dolphin Cruisers.  Except I won't sell Riding Camp and Olivia's House that still haven't retired.

Anyone see any growth for the first wave friends sets after this Christmas?  

Any growth is great with me.  I am planning to sell all the first wave friends this Christmas and putting my Friends money into Dolphin Cruisers.  Except I won't sell Riding Camp and Olivia's House that still haven't retired.

Anyone see any growth for the first wave friends sets after this Christmas?  

i see the first wave continuing to rise especially 3185 and 3186 as they are about to ride -too many damn horses- towards the sunset.

those are more established than the new sets that are all over the place.

having said that, cashing out and using the funds towards other sets that will mature better is probably a good idea

My daughters love the vet. 

There's always a dog that has eaten something bad from the Bakery or a Horse that has a broken leg from a competition. 

The little green tools, the hospotal, scan etc. 

Need a stable? They build it with their bricks from general boxes. Nothing special. 

Also: did you notice there's a stable in the vet?

Hope this helps. 

• 1 month later...

The problem with the stables is the oversaturation of horses in the Friends line as a whole.

2 in the Stables.

1 in the Horse Trailer.

1 in the Vet.

3 in the Riding Camp.

2 in the Horse Show.

2 in the Sunshine Ranch.

There's no shortage of Horses. The Vet was also a centerpiece of the first episode of the Friends show, as well as having Olivia's Aunt Sophie as an exclusive minidoll.

The problem with the stables is the oversaturation of horses in the Friends line as a whole.

2 in the Stables.

1 in the Horse Trailer.

1 in the Vet.

3 in the Riding Camp.

2 in the Horse Show.

2 in the Sunshine Ranch.

There's no shortage of Horses. The Vet was also a centerpiece of the first episode of the Friends show, as well as having Olivia's Aunt Sophie as an exclusive minidoll.

Stables is doing fine to really well post EOL, so that's what really matters.