Ninjago 2014

TheOrcKing

• 3 weeks later...

And much as I like Ninjago, I hate to say it but it seems like the sets are getting more expensive, and it feels like you get much less?

There are plenty of releases this year under a number of themes that feel as though you are not quite getting your full money's worth yet others are right on the dot or better. I will agree the Hover Hunter, Nindroid MechDragon, and Destructoid are more costly for what is included. NinjaCopter is a little high but does come with four minifigures and lots of big pieces so it isn't too bad, and Destructoid from Target's website (maybe even in store) has a regular price of $30 which for me is what the retail should have been instead of the $35 at Lego Shop-at-Home. There already has been some discounts on these already with more in the future I imagine so although retail is high for a few, it is possible to counteract those steep prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Check out this preview of a possible Ninjago Brickmaster: Updated & Expanded DK book. It does state "postponed" so I have no idea if it will even become available this year or perhaps just much later in it than originally planned. Seems a little odd to have one of the skeletons from the original 1st wave make a return which in this case is Frakjaw I believe.

10964717164_75ca607af8_o.png

• 5 weeks later...

So will Ninjago city harm value of 2507 Fire Temple or will the 2 sets compliment each other in a collection?

I know nothing about ninjago - not even who is good and who is bad - but own quite a few temples (that I don't want to be sat on forever) so thoughts appreciated

So will Ninjago city harm value of 2507 Fire Temple or will the 2 sets compliment each other in a collection?

I know nothing about ninjago - not even who is good and who is bad - but own quite a few temples (that I don't want to be sat on forever) so thoughts appreciated

That's why I do not invest in ninjago (and chima) sets. Because these are kids stuff, you have to know main characters, who is cool and who is dumb, tv shows, etc.

I think you may ask to childs that like ninjago, they will give you some nice advices.

That's why I do not invest in ninjago (and chima) sets. Because these are kids stuff, you have to know main characters, who is cool and who is dumb, tv shows, etc.

I think you may ask to childs that like ninjago, they will give you some nice advices.

Only own the temples and some EDB's from this theme, so have similar thoughts, but at over 50% off for a

They will compliment each other, they are different locations in the show. One thing that will determine the value of sets like fire temple/TOL/EDB is if they decide to bring those locations back into the show. Currently they have not really been doing that. I am really hoping the dragon from EDB comes back to the show and has a fight with the new Mech Dragon. It would really help both those sets in the long run and be cool to watch.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

70726 Ninjago Destructoid ...

Maybe not worth mentioning, but my 6 yr old has just discovered Lego Ninjago... so, looks like I'll be returning some Star Wars stuff to the store, and December shopping for Ninjago this year.  I know nothing about the theme, but for some reason, he put this set - 70726 - on his Christmas list this year.  I quick look on Amazon, Walmart, etc, tells me about the only place it's available now is LEGO Shop at Home and Target.  Was this a Target exclusive?  Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.  If any of you picked these up at a big discount and forgot about them, maybe it's time to dust a few off and put them on ebay because they are a bit scarce right now.

After seeing a Ninjago City set displayed at a Lego Store...

Man, it is cool. In a modular town, this set makes a decent case for being represented. If you pull away the "combat" components, and look at the building itself, it's a real beauty with a nice display factor.

Haven't started yet, but one day we'll be building our own modular city. I would like to have this set off on it's own, a nice path up to it surrounded by trees/bushes/flowers, etc.

Would love to see TLG do an authentically-scaled Chinese Tea Ceremony room.

• 1 month later...

I did some scouring of a couple Targets tonight, and literally, one of 6 items they had in the decimated clearance section was Ninjacopters. The store had 10 on Thursday at $30, and a week later and through a weekend, they sold 3 and still have 7. Even the Equilas Ultra Strikers sold. This and the Mechdragon could very possibly be two of the least desired sets I have seen. I have never seen a set hang on this long at 50% off Clearance at Target. Not even Lone Ranger or Galaxy Squad. I am pretty stunned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

In the 10188 thread, Ed Mack said:

"...I think it's time for people to look at the hundreds of other potential sets out there as collectibles instead of the same few dozen. LEGO can't keep them all in production."

I don't know if he was talking about sets like 70723 Thunder Raider... but I am... What is up with this set?  I picked up about 5 at the end of 2014 for about $20 ea.  Sold them all before June at ~$40 each (shipped).  I figured it would take a while to see bigger appreciation on this set... may as well flip 'em quick and invest in something better.  Now I see them going for >$45 on ebay (shipped) and $57 Amzn Prime... what the what?   You mean if I had held onto those for just a few more months, I'd be looking at 115% profit in 10 months (w/ FBA)?

But I'm not here to reminisce and moan... I want know what is it about these sets that make them so special?  I recall lots of BP'ers moaning about "stupid Ninjago"... the worst thing in their portfolio... especially this particular series ... the "Nindroid" era... everybody hated it.  Now... just about anything that is not on the store shelves anymore is going up... just looking at Amazon prices:

70500 Kai's Fire Mech $21.99

70721 Kai's Fighter $31.95

70727 X-1 Charger $43.95

70722 Overborg Attack  $34.73

70720 Hover Hunter  $12.98  (... how much were these on clearance at LEGO Shop at Home?  I passed.)

The bigger sets from this series are also moving up... just not as fast... Is it time to buy those dented up 70728 Battle for Ninjago City I still see on the shelves ... even at $82+ tax  on Thursday?

• Like 2

I agree with you Ken.  Some of the Ninjago sets are hidden gems and bring decent profits.  I bought 6 of the 70723 Thunder Raiders back in Jun for $15 each.  Within 2 weeks on eBay, I sold all of them for $44 shipped.  Since I did not know how well they would do, I didn't want to go overboard with them but after they sold I wished I had bought more.  By that time, I could no longer purchase them at the sale price of $15 so I just went about my business.

Earlier in the year I picked up 3 of the  70728 Battle for Ninjago City for $50 on Target clearance.  I sold one shortly after for $99 on eBay and I just sold the remaining two yesterday for $99 each on eBay.  Decent profit on those but nothing outstanding.  I would not buy them for $80+ though.  I would have to purchase for around the price I paid before for me to buy more for resell.