Don't be shy!

IrishGuy66

Hi guys, I'm from Singapore.

Over here, retailers mark up the prices of Lego so much so that even a 20% discount off the RRP would not mean much to serious investors. Bulk purchase imported from Europe/US, preferably from wholesale sources is the best deal.

Here is an example of a local retailer's online store. Take a look at the prices.

https://www.bricksworld.com/store/pc/home.asp

Mods, if this is not allowed, please remove the web link.

Over here, retailers mark up the prices of Lego so much so that even a 20% discount off the RRP would not mean much to serious investors. Bulk purchase imported from Europe/US, preferably from wholesale sources is the best deal.

Here is an example of a local retailer's online store. Take a look at the prices.

Geez, Redplanet, you're not kidding about the markup over there. They look close to Australian prices. Ouch!

And there is no problem about putting a link to an online store like that.

Redplanet, do secondary market prices reflect the inflated retail prices? For example, what does an Imperial Shuttle sell for on ebay over there?

Yes they do. There's still some money to be made. Just the margin. So flipping is not ideal locally unless u have other sources which I mentioned in my earlier posts. We can totally forget about doing international sale. Well, almost...

For the 10212 Imperial Shuttle, one of my fav sets, the eBay asking rate for a MISB set is between 525 and 1000(??!!!) depending on box condition. The local RRP before it went EOL was $499.90.

• Like 1

I shall do a similar comparison using the three sets u mentioned. Singapore retail price(SGD) vs Singapore retail price(USD) vs US RRP(USD). Conversion is via latest exchange rate at the local money changer. 1 USD=1.25 SGD

Battle of Helm's Deep: 279.90 - 223.90 - 129.99

Attack on Weathertop: 119.90 - 95.90 - 59.99

Mines of Moria: 159.90 - 127.90 - 79.99

Contrary to what u said, I think it IS bad. But of course, there are still shoppers buying away happily, those that dont't bother looking for alternative better deals. I'm sure the retailers need to account for overhead costs in their business, but I think we're looking at a deep profit margin here. Maybe too deep.

I assume your figures are SGD - USD - UKP.

So on those 3 sets, Singapore prices are between 15-30% higher than the UK which itself is said to be 20-30% higher than the US.

That the UK is higher than the US does not matter from an investment point of view because the secondary market is also 20-30% higher on newer sets. This is because only a minority of people in the UK look at anything other than Ebay UK. If you have similar situation in Singapore your would have a problem but I suspect your local market is not large enough.

I assume your figures are SGD - USD - UKP.

So on those 3 sets, Singapore prices are between 15-30% higher than the UK which itself is said to be 20-30% higher than the US.

That the UK is higher than the US does not matter from an investment point of view because the secondary market is also 20-30% higher on newer sets. This is because only a minority of people in the UK look at anything other than Ebay UK. If you have similar situation in Singapore your would have a problem but I suspect your local market is not large enough.

Not UKP. SGD - USD - USD.

I do agree about the local secondary market though.

• 1 month later...

i think the price is about the same with Legoland Malaysia 

Is it because the shipment cost?

• 3 months later...

Hey there, i am from Malaysia

i wish to collect TMNT and super heroes set

RM215 for 4 Ninja Turtle and RM85 for Iron Man  :cry:

Due to this i feel very expensive, hope there is whole sale and i wan to become seller in Malaysia and sell cheap Lego product 
so all the Lego's fan can enjoy..... :D

• 1 month later...