TRU Corporate Headquarters

ExoBro94

So today I decided to venture over to to the TRU National Headquarters which is located in Wayne, NJ. My mom and I have friends who work there and I live less than 10 minutes away from it.

I went in and asked to see a person who I know and I also asked about Legos. Turns out they keep a bunch of TRU exclusives and various other sets there and a lot of the employees are Lego fanatics. I walked out of there with a bunch of free polybags, and one of each new SW planet sets. My friend also said there are some bigger sets somewhere in the building that just sit there and is going to find some for me. 

While living in a high population/high wealth area has it's drawbacks (i.e. no large clearance sales), it also has its upsides! I still hate TRU though. 

• Like 1

So today I decided to venture over to to the TRU National Headquarters which is located in Wayne, NJ. My mom and I have friends who work there and I live less than 10 minutes away from it.

I went in and asked to see a person who I know and I also asked about Legos. Turns out they keep a bunch of TRU exclusives and various other sets there and a lot of the employees are Lego fanatics. I walked out of there with a bunch of free polybags, and one of each new SW planet sets. My friend also said there are some bigger sets somewhere in the building that just sit there and is going to find some for me. 

While living in a high population/high wealth area has it's drawbacks (i.e. no large clearance sales), it also has its upsides! I still hate TRU though. 

You should've went off on the highest ranking person you could find about the ridiculous markups. Of course if you did that, you probably wouldn't have walked out of there with any free stuff.  :keeporder:

You should give all of those free stuffs to me. That will show them that you hate TRU so much you won't even accept their free gifts...

• Like 2

Guest ph4tb0i

I love high wealth neighbourhoods. They tend to ignore sales as they're too rich to be seen buying them, so moar for me to hoard! :D

Lucky.  <_<

Your friend may need to find another job in a few years when Bane Capital is finished sucking the blood from TRU and jettisons the carcass in bankruptcy, which makes me sad :(

Good on you scoring some free swag though.

Have you considered the possibility that TRU's private equity owners could earn a higher return by taking it public again and cashing out post-IPO insteading of bankrupting it?  In fact, for most private equity investors, the preferred exit strategy is to IPO the company, not "sucking the blood" from the company and bankrupting it.  While we Lego investors do not like TRU's high prices, there are obviously sufficient customers who are paying TRU's high prices.  

For example, when I was at TRU's Times Square over the weekend, I saw a tourist couple picking up both the Death Star and SSD for their kids and paid with cash at the register.  By the way, Lego (Rockefeller Ctr) charges even more than TRU for these 2 items.

I love high wealth neighbourhoods. They tend to ignore sales as they're too rich to be seen buying them, so moar for me to hoard! :D

Eh, I don't really notice anybody ignoring the sales. High wealth areas do have major advantages though. Like the fact that there are about 30 Targets/Walmarts/TRUs within 30 minutes of me. And three lego stores...