World of Chima - Legoland

I did get to watch a rerun of that one. It was way better than the 'farter parter'. You know, I'm wondering how much of an impact could the 'stinker' episode have on Skinnet's Speedorz set? I can see kids running around making 'that noise' using their mouth with the skunk minifigure annoying parents everywhere!

And then following it with "you're welcome..."

• 2 weeks later...

The Chima minifigures are starting to grow on me for some reason... Must collect... The only thing that stops me (besides the lack of money), is that I don't like the vehicules, they seem well build and original but they are more targeted at little boys.

Guest betsy805

I honestly think this line will do well.  They've put so much money behind it.  Even with two kids that have never seen the show (we don't subscribe to tv service) my boys are really drawn to the Chima line whenever we peruse the lego store.  

I'd wait until after Christmas when most of this line will be 50% off.  That's what happened the first year of Ninjago.

This is good advice for those interested in Chima investing.  These should be on clearance, and the information should be available to see whether the TV show gained traction with the younger crowd. 

Another Chima line extension - apparently Lego is beta testing a new MMO set in the Chima universe.  Here's Brick Fanatics' story on it:

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/legends-of-chima-online-trailer/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+brickfanatics+%28Brick+Fanatics%29

Lego must be getting some solid feedback from Chima fans.  This is very good news for the sucess of the theme.

In other news, Chima's last episode had a 20% increase in viewership since the last episode - 1.22M viewers watched it, with about 1M of those in the target demo.  With school starting now for kids around the US, I have to believe we'll continue to see ratings bumps for the next couple of episodes at least...

So I happened to watch the first episode of the Chima TV show the other day and honestly was not really impressed.  The teenage Croc bad guy was just dumb. He caused his parents accident by CUTTING the very rope that is preventing his parents' vehicle from going to the chasm before trying to pull the vehicle himself (really ?).  Then he had the audacity to blame others who actually tried to save his parents. 

Yes, I could see the manipulation storyline etc, but cmon, at least put some comedic moments to hook people in.

I do not mind dumb bad guys that are used for comedic effect, i.e. skeleton armies from Ninjago.  But that teenage Croc is just a sad sad case.

I think I have access to watch the next 3 episodes and will save my final judgement after I watch those 3. 

So I happened to watch the first episode of the Chima TV show the other day and honestly was not really impressed.  The teenage Croc bad guy was just dumb. He caused his parents accident by CUTTING the very rope that is preventing his parents' vehicle from going to the chasm before trying to pull the vehicle himself (really ?).  Then he had the audacity to blame others who actually tried to save his parents. 

Yes, I could see the manipulation storyline etc, but cmon, at least put some comedic moments to hook people in.

I do not mind dumb bad guys that are used for comedic effect, i.e. skeleton armies from Ninjago.  But that teenage Croc is just a sad sad case.

I think I have access to watch the next 3 episodes and will save my final judgement after I watch those 3.

The way how the Croc leader's sister keeps using that wild flower to entice him to do bad things feels old already, and a lot of the scenes and dialogue is a bit lackluster but I suppose it is supposed to be some kind of 'coming of age' storyline or whatever. Cool as the vehicles are, it still begs the question of "What do eagles need with planes?" or better yet "Why did anyone felt compelled to build these war machine contraptions in the first place?!" :scratchhead:

• 1 month later...

Just in case there was any doubt whether Lego is 100% behind Chima and in it for the long haul, they just opened a whole LoC area at Legoland in FL - http://thebrickblogger.com/2013/07/lego-legends-of-chima-at-legoland/.

I do wonder if these initial sets could see some price appreciation after a while - but it may take a long while. I see more potential in short term flips of popular, hard-to-find sets.

That really doesn't matter. I was just there a month ago, and they still have a Indiana Jones ride. Legends of Chima will be around for 3-4 more years.