100th Lego Store grand opening at The Westchester

wholovesboo

• 2 weeks later...

I'll bet there will be something pretty good. Usually there is a mini-LEGO store set, a t-shirt or minifigure set at the grand opening of a LEGO store. I'll bet that it will be something more than that, maybe a larger set that has more exclusivity if it is only given away at the 100th store. No word on it to my knowledge.

WORLDWIDE

STORE NEWS

Published 11 June 2013

Celebrate the Grand Opening of the LEGO Store in White Plains, NY!

Celebrate the grand opening of the 100th LEGO Store at The Westchester in White Plains, NY! Help a real LEGO Master Builder construct an 8 foot tall model of the Hulk

Here's the email newsletter I got from The Westchester. It's slightly different...says it's an R2-D2 build instead of The Hulk.

Also apologies for the tiny tiny print. That's how it came in my inbox.

Just found another posting on the mall's website. Says t-shirts are in child sizes only...
Edited by wholovesboo

I'm planning on being there on Friday, but not from Manhattan (I'm already in Westchester County :) The Metro-North Harlem line goes straight to White Plains though. If possible, I may be there again on Saturday with my family.

If this is your first time up there, know that there's actually 2 malls there within close distance, both owned by the same company. One is called "The Westchester", and the other is called "The Galleria at White Plains". It's the first one that you want.

Are the minifigures worth a second trip? Im def going sat, but on the fence about sun.

Eh, I wouldn't say they would be worth a second trip. I just went to the Saturday opening of the Freehold store. So now I thought, since I live close to White Plains, that I would stop in for the minifigures. 

^ExoBro94...have you posted or sold any of your Lego Store display set yet?  Just curious.  They seem to be going for nice prices which is great for a 'freebie'.  As for the minifigs I guess you have to wait for that right buyer or keep it in your collection.  These freebies will offset retail purchase prices for sure.    

Just went to the new store to make a purchase and got the R2-D2 tshirt for my daughter. Though the smallest size they had was a M. Are kids just bigger nowadays or what?

Also stopped by stage area where they're going to do the R2-D2 build. It's really empty today. There were maybe 10 kids/moms in line when the doors opened. I'm sure it'll be much more different tomorrow!

Asked an employee about the new Friends sets. He checked the computer and said they're not in yet. At first he said he thought he saw the Dolphin Cruiser in the back and I nearly died, but it turns out it was just Andrea's speedboat.

Anyway, off to Nordstrom!

Made it to the store today. I had a Tower Bridge and a Technic Grand Prix Racer that I wanted to purchase. I asked if I could split up the orders because I had two coupons and they were fine with that. But then when the cashier realized that I qualified for a second free store set on the 2nd purchase, he panicked and turned to the manager for help. The manager was not happy, but he allowed the cashier to make this one exception. So I wound up with 2 stores. I was pretty happy!

Aww man, I mean I can see where they are coming from. At the freehold store, on my way out I kinda felt bad for the kids that waited

In line and may have been within the 300 person range, but because people got multiple copies, they wouldn't get one. That's why I only stopped at 5, otherwise I would have bought a lot more

In the store. Also, I'm going to see how this manager acts tomorrow when I go. I hate LEGO Store employees who are pompous.

FYI ... I arrived at 11:15 am and there were approximately 30-40 people in front of me.  Manager was not nice at  all.  He said that he would provide one grand opening store set per household.  I went back to the store after he went on break to make a second purchase (and get a second grand opening store set).  Rest of the store employees were much nicer, especially the seasoned sales associates from other Lego stores assisting at the grand opening this weekend.