Super Heroes 2013

TheOrcKing

Superheroes of 2013  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these sets do you like personally? (Select all that apply.)

• Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze: Aquaman on Ice
    • The Bat vs. Bane: Tumbler Chase
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout
    • Superman: Metropolis Showdown
    • Superman: Black Zero Escape
    • Superman: Battle of Smallville
    • Spider-Man: Spider-Cycle Chase
    • Spider-Man: Daily Bugle Showdown
    • Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown
    • Iron Man: Extremis Sea Port Battle
    • Iron Man: Malibu Mansion Attack
  2. 2. Which of these sets will be good investments? (Select all the ones you believe will do well.)

• Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze: Aquaman on Ice
    • The Bat vs. Bane: Tumbler Chase
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout
    • Superman: Metropolis Showdown
    • Superman: Black Zero Escape
    • Superman: Battle of Smallville
    • Spider-Man: Spider-Cycle Chase
    • Spider-Man: Daily Bugle Showdown
    • Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown
    • Iron Man: Extremis Sea Port Battle
    • Iron Man: Malibu Mansion Attack
  3. 3. Which side has the better sets this year overall?

• DC
    • Marvel

I am a big DC Super Hero fan and I can't get excited about purchasing any of the MOS sets.  I do have 2x the small set just to have Superman and Zod and because I got them for $8 each.  I can't see any of these being a good investment unless you get them at like 60-70% off and even then the ceiling is going to be pretty low for these for a while.   

I am a big DC Super Hero fan and I can't get excited about purchasing any of the MOS sets.  I do have 2x the small set just to have Superman and Zod and because I got them for $8 each.  I can't see any of these being a good investment unless you get them at like 60-70% off and even then the ceiling is going to be pretty low for these for a while.

I disagree, eBay sales over the last three months have been consistent for Battle of Smallville and more or less in line with Amazons prices. This set has been heavily discounted recently in the UK. Assuming this set is gone before the year is out, they should sell well at Christmas.

• 4 months later...

Most of the Wal-Marts around here restocked Daily Bugle Showdown this Spring.  It's still flying off the shelves.  Most of the Wal-Marts around here are already sold out again, even at full retail $49.99.

Really? Amazing. I think there still are a couple Iron Man sets around me that continue to linger but can't say I have seen last year's Spider-Man sets at all. To me the set was worth it just for Dr. Doom.

From the 2013 sets I only like the tumbler, Mr. Freeze and AA offcourse. These I will gather. The rest do not interest me at all. Also here in my region Superman and Spiderman are not popular at all. I like the 2014 sets though. I like them quite alot.

Yesterday I was in a toystore and a little guy (maybe 10 years old) was there with his grandma. He was pointing out to the Arkham Asylum and said that he liked that one so much! Grandma right away looked at the pricetag and said it was too expensive. So they looked further and the little guy's hopes were lost. I fellt bad for him in a way. I almost bought one for him. haha

I'm really liking the Arctic Batman and the Spidey Cycle Chase.  Those two sets look really great.  The Arkham Asylum looks awesome too, but I can't justify dropping $159 on a set right now.  Discounted, maybe....I don't know.  I know it's those bigger sets that end up making great returns. 

I'm really liking the Arctic Batman and the Spidey Cycle Chase.  Those two sets look really great.  The Arkham Asylum looks awesome too, but I can't justify dropping $159 on a set right now.  Discounted, maybe....I don't know.  I know it's those bigger sets that end up making great returns. 

You won't find Arkham Asylum discounted, as it's now Lego policy to not discount exclusive sets.  The best deal you're going to get is to buy them with a discounted giftcard from places like Walmart or Target.  Sometimes they have gift card offers on these as well (you get a store gift card with purchase).

You won't find Arkham Asylum discounted, as it's now Lego policy to not discount exclusive sets.  The best deal you're going to get is to buy them with a discounted giftcard from places like Walmart or Target.  Sometimes they have gift card offers on these as well (you get a store gift card with purchase).

Sorry to sound dumb, but what exactly makes a set exclusive and how do you know that it's exclusive? 

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Exclusives-Nav-Category

the arkham asylym giftcard deal is still on at walmart. gets the price down to $145 but then you have to deal with running the gauntlet of walmart shipping of big boxes.

So the only way to know if it's exclusive is if you look on Lego's website?  What if you find a certain set on Amazon?  How can you tell it's an exclusive without going back and checking Lego's website?  Does Lego usually do a good job packing larger boxes? 

So the only way to know if it's exclusive is if you look on Lego's website? What if you find a certain set on Amazon? How can you tell it's an exclusive without going back and checking Lego's website? Does Lego usually do a good job packing larger boxes?

you have to check Lego website, eventually you will Learn what is and what is not.

Sorry to sound dumb, but what exactly makes a set exclusive and how do you know that it's exclusive?

Lego classified most pricey sets as exclusive meaning that only select stores will carry them other than shop.lego.com. Mom and pop stored won't stock them and neither will 99% of targets, toys r us, and Walmarts. You will need to visit their online store as wel as amazon.com. Lego also sometimes stocks exclusives in it's own stores and websites for 2-6 months before other stores and amazon. The Simpsons House set is an example.

Starting in June or July 2013, exclusive sets stopped being discounted for some reason. Additionally, shop@home coupons stopped applying to exclusives.

So buying Arkham at full regular price is ok? Still good investment?

I will get a few if you all agree it's a sure thing!

With exclusives it's good to wait until LEGO Shop at Home offers double or triple VIP points or a giveaway for ordering a certain amount like this months balloon cart. That's normally where you will get your best deal on exclusives. Just be careful not to go over the limits or order too much in a short period of time or you will be taking a trip to Bansville.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker