Gandalf Arrives 9469 - Limited availability

I was in a local Walmart and noticed they had 6 crisp clean Weathertops.  I passed on them tonight, but then I went to Walmart.com and saw they are listed at $51.24 if you can find it in a store.  Good deal?  Will this set perform well aftermarket?

Check out this thread http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4052-attack-on-weathertop-may-be-eol/page-3?hl=weathertop

Guest eightbrick

I can't believe all the insane deal you guys got. I wish I got clearance like that where I live... well good job on the deal hunting anyway ;)

He's new to the site so let's give him a break. We all have started new threads that are not needed once and a while. As for the set, its a cheep way to get gandolf and frodo.

You want to say EVERAYONE who joins Brickpicker is his 1st forum to join?

Every forum has same or very similar rules about checking for older topics before opening new one ;)

• Like 1

Well I agree with the two of you.  One the person is new, so let's cut some slack and help educate rather than beating on someone. On the other hand, a search is good and we have a feature that when creating a new topic automatically shows you the previous post topics that seem to be about the same thing.  I will merge the threads, but lets try to keep from creating many topics of the same thing.

I mostly think you opened a new thread for no reason since there is one already made...

but i see no great profits in the set itself.

Well then you would be mostly wrong. I don't have time to scroll through every post on here to see if someone posted the same question. Friendly one aren't you?

• Like 1

To summarize pervious threads: There aren't enough unique mini figures or elements in this small set to give it much investment potential. Compared to sets like The Catwoman City Chase (only Cawomen in that wave) and Capt. America's Avenging Cycle (only set with capt Amer mini-figure ever) this set just doesn't do much. You can get the same Ganfalf in a polybag for cheap and Frodo in a couple different versions in multiple sets. That being said most collectors are going to want last least one to complete their collection but it does't have the potential the the Uruk-kai army or Orc Forge have for Army building and pairing with large sets like the Tower of Orthanic and Helms Deep.

Welcome to the site  Jeff_14!

To summarize pervious threads: There aren't enough unique mini figures or elements in this small set to give it much investment potential. Compared to sets like The Catwoman City Chase (only Cawomen in that wave) and Capt. America's Avenging Cycle (only set with capt Amer mini-figure ever) this set just doesn't do much. You can get the same Ganfalf in a polybag for cheap and Frodo in a couple different versions in multiple sets. That being said most collectors are going to want last least one to complete their collection but it does't have the potential the the Uruk-kai army or Orc Forge have for Army building and pairing with large sets like the Tower of Orthanic and Helms Deep.

Welcome to the site  Jeff_14!

If you can get it cheap enough and are able to ship it for cheap enough you can make a bit of money on it. 

Well then you would be mostly wrong. I don't have time to scroll through every post on here to see if someone posted the same question. Friendly one aren't you?

Well he is just trying to keep the forum organized.  If everyone just comes in and posts the same topic over and over, that really isn't helping the website.  So a quick search is good forum etiquette.  Also if you post in a thread that was started, those people may get notified and respond to you as well.  

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. I think these will have good long term prospects as the less and more expensive alternatives disappear. The bagged versions of the characters will only be around so long and likely will not survive without being opened in great numbers compared to the more expensive sets. A few years after this line is gone I can see them growing much like the Star Wars battle packs.

Thanks everyone. I think these will have good long term prospects as the less and more expensive alternatives disappear. The bagged versions of the characters will only be around so long and likely will not survive without being opened in great numbers compared to the more expensive sets. A few years after this line is gone I can see them growing much like the Star Wars battle packs.

The hole in your logic is people are going to make a MOC of a army of Gandalfs.

Yes, please look at the previous topics listed when creating a new one.  Ed and Jeff, that's a great new feature you added there.  It's the first time I've seen it used in a forum and it's pretty nifty.