HOT! LEGO City Fire Plane (4209) $19.99 at Toys R' Us

Guest ph4tb0i

I actually got denied because TRUs regular price of $69.99 did not match Targets regular price of $59.99! Beyond frustrating! Its one of the stupidest things I ever heard, but there was no way the supervisor was going to change her mind. Even after I showed her the policy on my phone and after she spent 20 mins pouring over a 12 page internal document on price matching, neither of which obviously contained this ridiculous requirement, her conclusion was that there must have been pages missing from her document!!!

I actually got denied because TRUs regular price of $69.99 did not match Targets regular price of $59.99! Beyond frustrating! Its one of the stupidest things I ever heard, but there was no way the supervisor was going to change her mind. Even after I showed her the policy on my phone and after she spent 20 mins pouring over a 12 page internal document on price matching, neither of which obviously contained this ridiculous requirement, her conclusion was that there must have been pages missing from her document!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVjs4aobqs

You crack me up!!! I wish I could forward that clip to the supervisor!

Trying to add a little humor on the subject but I seriously do think the supervisors 'reasons' for not price matching your sets is utterly absurd. It's just inconceivable! :lol:

Of course Toys R Us and Target do not have the same list price, and if such a page existed describing the ridiculous (nonexistent) requirement, it would been available to see online at their site. This whole thing sounds like a case of the store not willing to pay up on their offer and treated you as though you were trying to steal from them. It could have been a little bit more believable if the supervisor replied by saying the price difference was too great like what Jackson said but that still is going against their own store policy.

I am sorry you had to go through all that and hope something good, if not better, comes your way.

The party is over: the fire plane is not showing up on TRUs website anymore.  RE: reasons to deny price matching.  Different list prices is ridiculous, but a legit reason would have been that TRU was out of stock online.  It would be too easy for one retailer to screw over another by listing a very low price with very limited stock available online and keep the price valid but "only in stores".  If I were a Target manager I would either deny the purchase based on the fact that the product is not available online and/or do a local check of availability at TRU.

ToysRUs sticking it to Target and Walmart is an interesting concept. Makes me wish I had forced the price match on ToysRUs instead. I was just there at about 5:00pm today and they had a deep stack of 4209 on shelf despite the listing showing out of stock for my entire state.

Guest ph4tb0i

Well my order just cancelled because they were out of stock even though they took my order. Anybody else have this happened to them? This blows...

• 2 weeks later...

Well my order just cancelled because they were out of stock even though they took my order. Anybody else have this happened to them? This blows...

The same thing happened to me.  I contacted the BBB.  Good to know they are back in stock.  This situation may yet be resolved.