7662 - Trade Federation MTT

beeblet65

HELP - LEGO 7662 RESEAL?

So im in a bit of a bind....

one of my favorite sets of all time is the Star wars 7662 MTT Trade Federation. I took it down to look at it today and noticed something rather worrying about it. it appears that one side of the box looks like it has been resealed. The tape used is the exact same as lego, with the black rectangle on it, and safe texture and all.

i have included a picture, please let me know what you guys think - i am debating opening it now to check for parts.

Also....any idea what it would do to the value if i opened it to confirm contents? - still left all bags sealed though

Thanks,

Patrick

post-11907-0-18383100-1371244518_thumb.j

So im in a bit of a bind....

one of my favorite sets of all time is the Star wars 7662 MTT Trade Federation. I took it down to look at it today and noticed something rather worrying about it. it appears that one side of the box looks like it has been resealed. The tape used is the exact same as lego, with the black rectangle on it, and safe texture and all.

i have included a picture, please let me know what you guys think - i am debating opening it now to check for parts.

Also....any idea what it would do to the value if i opened it to confirm contents? - still left all bags sealed though

Thanks,

Patrick

Double seals are applied all the time by Lego.  If it were me, I wouldn't open the box unless you're completely paranoid about this and literally losing sleep.

The general consensus is that most people do not really put that much thought into box condition or sealing unless the box is either perfect or near-destroyed.

What mattere most is if the set is complete and if the inner bags are sealed or not. If it were me, I'd heatgun thr tape carefully off and check for completeness and reseal. It is generally better to make sure what is inside yourself and not pass that chance onto a potential buyet. You'll lose a lot if you have to have it returned and reshipped for any reason.

• 3 years later...