10234 - Sydney Opera House

Etan

IMO, I would wait until Lego does another Triple VIP points event. The set released in  September of last year and I think that it will be around for a while. If and when Lego does a Triple VIP points, you can get 900+ points which would translate to about $45 to use on another purchase from Lego. Double VIP points would get you 600+ points which is about $30. Also, there are a lot of other options for exclusive sets that may retire soon like the Tower Bridge, Haunted House, T1 Camper Van, etc.

I LOVE Darth Majl! Lol. The reason I was asking is because I already have enough of all the other sets and just wanted to get an idea of what people out there think it'll do etc. The price is definitely a turn off. I guess waiting for Triple VIP would be the smart thing to do. I can't help but wonder if it'll be comparable to the other landmark sets.

I LOVE Darth Majl! Lol. The reason I was asking is because I already have enough of all the other sets and just wanted to get an idea of what people out there think it'll do etc. The price is definitely a turn off. I guess waiting for Triple VIP would be the smart thing to do. I can't help but wonder if it'll be comparable to the other landmark sets.

That was one of my original avatars...until I had an actual portrait taken.

• Like 2

The best scenario would be to wait until a double/triple VIP points event from Shop-at-Home or for Walmart to have one of those "get a something dollar gift card with purchase" online specials, but even so this set is very new and shall be around for a good while before seeing retirement. I have no doubt at all this will be an awesome value gainer when it does kick the bucket though. The real Sydney Opera House is a beautiful grand structure known throughout the entire world and the build here based on it truly does give the famous locale justice unlike the miniscule Architecture design. I could pick this over a Death Star that won't die on any given day of the year easily.

• 2 months later...

Just got an email from shop@home where they make some extra publicity for this set. So, as we already thought, it is not selling that well.

When I look in stores in my area they are packed with this set. Price is dropping as well. Which it should cause I believe it is relatively high. When compared to the TB.

Just got an email from shop@home where they make some extra publicity for this set. So, as we already thought, it is not selling that well.

When I look in stores in my area they are packed with this set. Price is dropping as well. Which it should cause I believe it is relatively high. When compared to the TB.

What stores at your location do have this on the shelves? I thought it should be limited at retail since being an exclusive set?

What stores at your location do have this on the shelves? I thought it should be limited at retail since being an exclusive set?

In the Netherlands it is available in many shops/stores. In a non-official lego store I always visit they have at least, and I say at least, 20 on the shelves. Dunno even how many they have in the storage. It is constantly on sale and the shop-owner even offered me an additional 30% off.

Yesterday I had a really close look at the set as it was displayed in the store and I do not like it. It is just ok. I think I will pass on this one. The Tower Bridge looks way more impressive. Especially if you built in the lights. I can see myself integrating a TB into my lego city. SOH no way. :negative:

Guest TabbyBoy

The SOH is way over-priced and I think the roof looks crap.  I'm not going even consider one until the TB has EOL'd and appreciating.  We have years yet.

No money will be lost investing in this set, end of story.

You mean "I will not waste my money by investing in this set" or "this is a sure winner, I won't lose my money by investing here"?

As for exclusiveness, I can find it over here in local retailers.