Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

On Lego germany you can order 5 pieces. I wouldnt bank on that this time. I guess lego underestimated the demand for 21002, but see 21003 which is available everywhere. On the other hand BTTF is much more famous than the NASA theme.

I assume you mean 21102 & 21103, not the architecture sets? :)

Is 21104 new out? It says 2013 year on the BP but I have not noticed it available anywhere before.

Here in Germany I ordered 2 Sets of the 21104 and it arrived just on the 4th january. Today you could order the set up to 5 pieces with delivery date on the 3rd february.

I just don't understand why lego makes such differences for this set in America and europe. I mean you guys just get 1 set per person and we Europeans up to 3 till february? Does this make any sence?

Greetings from Germany,

Chris

Here in Germany I ordered 2 Sets of the 21104 and it arrived just on the 4th january. Today you could order the set up to 5 pieces with delivery date on the 3rd february.

I just don't understand why lego makes such differences for this set in America and europe. I mean you guys just get 1 set per person and we Europeans up to 3 till february? Does this make any sence?

Greetings from Germany,

Chris

They make different restrictions for different parts of the world. Most of the resellers that Lego is combating are from the US and that is one of the reasons why there is a strict limit of 1 here in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

This set is now sold out with a ship date of March 26th, and that date just keeps getting pushed back. I bought one for my own collection but wonder what's going to happen over the next couple months.

Mine said March something and then I got it last week. Put it up on Ebay and it immediately sold for double what I paid to it... internationally so free shipping doesn't apply. Worked out nicely.

I'm new and only have 13 reviews on ebay, I'm worried if I start the auction too low I could loose money, but I've noticed many starting this item at .01.  I would hate to have my item not be seen since my ebay account is so new and loose money on the deal.  Would you recommend I start at what I paid or .01 to get some bidding action in my position?

I'm new and only have 13 reviews on ebay, I'm worried if I start the auction too low I could loose money, but I've noticed many starting this item at .01.  I would hate to have my item not be seen since my ebay account is so new and loose money on the deal.  Would you recommend I start at what I paid or .01 to get some bidding action in my position?

Do a BIN in the mid $50's. If it sells cool. If it doesn't you're not out anything.

I'm wondering why anyone would flip this set for double the money.  LEGO already stated this would be a "limited" set.  Why settle for making less than $30 on this set? This set will easily hit the $100 mark after EOL and that will be sooner than later.  This set is a keeper, not a flipper.

• Like 3

I'm wondering why anyone would flip this set for double the money.  LEGO already stated this would be a "limited" set.  Why settle for making less than $30 on this set? This set will easily hit the $100 mark after EOL and that will be sooner than later.  This set is a keeper, not a flipper.

1) I do this for current income.

2) I don't have the space to store multiple sets.

3) it is very easy to pick up a box and ship it.

4) how limited can a mass produced toy actually be?

5) hayabusa and mine craft were both limited but LEGO released them multiple times anyway.