Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

I'm new and only have 13 reviews on ebay, I'm worried if I start the auction too low I could loose money, but I've noticed many starting this item at .01.  I would hate to have my item not be seen since my ebay account is so new and loose money on the deal.  Would you recommend I start at what I paid or .01 to get some bidding action in my position?

I'm new and only have 13 reviews on ebay, I'm worried if I start the auction too low I could loose money, but I've noticed many starting this item at .01.  I would hate to have my item not be seen since my ebay account is so new and loose money on the deal.  Would you recommend I start at what I paid or .01 to get some bidding action in my position?

Do a BIN in the mid $50's. If it sells cool. If it doesn't you're not out anything.

I'm wondering why anyone would flip this set for double the money.  LEGO already stated this would be a "limited" set.  Why settle for making less than $30 on this set? This set will easily hit the $100 mark after EOL and that will be sooner than later.  This set is a keeper, not a flipper.

• Like 3

I'm wondering why anyone would flip this set for double the money.  LEGO already stated this would be a "limited" set. 

Where did LEGO state that the Rover would be limited?

I'm wondering why anyone would flip this set for double the money.  LEGO already stated this would be a "limited" set.  Why settle for making less than $30 on this set? This set will easily hit the $100 mark after EOL and that will be sooner than later.  This set is a keeper, not a flipper.

1) I do this for current income.

2) I don't have the space to store multiple sets.

3) it is very easy to pick up a box and ship it.

4) how limited can a mass produced toy actually be?

5) hayabusa and mine craft were both limited but LEGO released them multiple times anyway.

I know it is limited by:

1.) it can only be ordered online

2.) you can only order 1 at a time

3.) a friend at lego group told me

4.) it says limited quantity in the lego catalogue

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

I had to offset the cost of those limited edition DeLorean sets I ordered last year ;)  Those are not selling at. all.

What Migration is saying is that I can flip what I have and use that capital to purchase more while there is still time.

Keep the ones you have.  Come up with $30 to buy another.  You will thank me later.

Where did LEGO state that the Rover would be limited?

Catalog

• Like 2

Keep the ones you have.  Come up with $30 to buy another.  You will thank me later.

Catalog

I wonder about this (I flipped one of mine for 40$ in profit - international) but I don't think it will be that limited:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31225306&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

But maybe thats just a red herring.

So would anyone suggest dropping a few thousand into this set? Getting 10 or 20 of them?

I would load up...problem is how can you get that many? Hoping to score some from tru at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Br

You can place a ton of orders on shop lego, but you end up paying 36 with shipping. I picked up the four I have this way, I just kept placing orders.

LEGO made this a ONE PER HOUSEHOLD maximum.  They put in the catalog "limited quanities" available.  This looks to be a short run set.  I don't recall another set with these notations and limits.  

You can place a ton of orders on shop lego, but you end up paying 36 with shipping. I picked up the four I have this way, I just kept placing orders.

You could get banned for exceeding LEGO S@H's buying limits.

Where does it say you'll get banned? Customer service never called me. Never got an email, same address same account. They charged me and sent them to me.

You could get banned for exceeding LEGO LEGO Shop at Home's buying limits.

Never mind, I just read your other article about what lego is doing in banning people from the site who buy in large quantities. So how do suggest I get more of these rovers?