Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

Still banging the $150 drum by Christmas I see. Considering they're selling for around $80 at the moment I'd say doubling in five months sounds like a tall order.

It seems like being priced/sold at twice over MSRP has slowed sales down a bit. There has apparently only been 4 sales in the past week on eBay and there's 3 sellers on Amazon with over 50 sets combined and currently priced at $70 with free shipping. And the last eBay auction on 7/14 went for $62 including shipping.

Got an "In stock notification" from TRU at 2:09am. I was asleep. Went now to check and it wasn't available.  :negative:  I wonder how many they had or if it was just a system burp? 

From ToysRUs Tue Jul 15 23:09:25 2014

Dear Valued Customer: 

Good News! In response to your request, we are pleased to inform you that the following item is back in stock and available for purchase online: 

Item: 31225306 Description: LEGO Cuusoo Mars Curiosity Rover (21104)

To order this item, simply click here or call our Guest Service Team at 1-800-TOYSRUS (869-7787). 

Please note, due to high demand of this item, we cannot guarantee availability. In addition, previous sale prices or promotions may not be available. 

Thank you again and hurry back soon to see what

• Like 1

I also received this notification, but being on the west coast I was still awake (11:08 PM) when I got it.  I was able to order 6 and my order is processing, so we'll see if the order goes through or not!?  Fingers crossed   :)

Glad someone on here got in on it.

I didn't get that notification and I am positive I signed up for it.  And I was up until 3 am last night.  The fates have conspired against me to never get this set.  Couldn't even find one at the Kennedy Space Center!  Heh. 

Same here. I signed up (and have email from TRU to confirm) and didn't get the notice either.

I also received this notification, but being on the west coast I was still awake (11:08 PM) when I got it. I was able to order 6 and my order is processing, so we'll see if the order goes through or not!? Fingers crossed :)

Can you post the production codes for those 6 sets when / if you receive them ?

Need to slow down people. This isn't going to hit that anytime soon - and maybe not ever. Hextupling (?) does not happen often.

NASA keeps pumping out search for other life articles like this weeks, makes people look up space exploration, find the rover and want to buy it at Christmas.

Just need NASA to keep feeding those articles about search to find life. Keeps helping it head to $200

Maybe not, but maybe.