Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

The lowest BIN is up to $88 shipped. It will be interesting to see what this auction goes for on a Tuesday night.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251598092633

Still hoping this thing flips to Retired on 8/1 when the other two ideas sets come out

And the box isn't even sealed! Interesting. Let us know the outcome. I go to sleep now... dreaming about the Rover hitting 200 at Xmas. 

It is retired everywhere except north america

I guess most of those sets were produced for NA. I asked the only Lego Shop in Belgium 4 weeks ago the question if there were any MARS Rovers left in her store. They didn't even receive any. Seems unlikely that they still have stock left so it is actually retired, just not officially.

I guess most of those sets were produced for NA. I asked the only Lego Shop in Belgium 4 weeks ago the question if there were any MARS Rovers left in her store. They didn't even receive any. Seems unlikely that they still have stock left so it is actually retired, just not officially.

Been oos pretty much since it came out. They made a limited run and I don't believe it even hit stores in the US just online

It was produced in Europe only (location code S). Was limit 5 in Europe, limit 1 in US. Was seen in very few lego stores

Not sure if this of interest to any overseas people but a shop here in Australia still has some of these for sale at Australian RRP:

http://www.mrtoys.com.au/?LEGO-Toys/LEGO-Miscellaneous/LEGO-NASA-Mars-Curiosity-Rover-21104-CUSSOO;Item;21409

Price might work out cheaper than Ebay for some...

Thanks mate, I picked up a few more. I just hope they have them in stock. There didn't seem to be a limit to how many I could add to cart.

With shipping to Ireland, it works out at....

10 units -

And this is the reason why european sales are so slow at the moment.

But as the american prices increase now and will be only 25% cheaper than in Europe then also european sales will go ahead...

(In such case it does not make any sense to buy Rovers from oversee due to the high duties...)

Mauro

Owner of 101 sealed Mars Rovers

It's certainly selling much faster in the US compared to Europe. I counted 6 sales this month in Europe on ebay, compared to 30 in the US in the same timeframe.

The European price is about twice as high though.

You should also point out that there are less sellers of this set in the EU compared to the US. I looked on eBay Spain and there were only 11 sellers located in the EU. In the US there's nearly double that.

They were cleaned out overnight :(
Trying to get more stock in. I had some promised to me via email after an order screwup but they said through the splurge from Europe overnight they are all gone and struggling to fulfil orders.
Seriously not happy. 

Not sure if this of interest to any overseas people but a shop here in Australia still has some of these for sale at Australian RRP:

http://www.mrtoys.com.au/?LEGO-Toys/LEGO-Miscellaneous/LEGO-NASA-Mars-Curiosity-Rover-21104-CUSSOO;Item;21409

Price might work out cheaper than Ebay for some..