Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

Lego investors are entitled to a ... life ?

Look man, I got a lot of women in my life... If u leave my phone for five minute s I come back to like five texts and fifty BP notifications and one stupid eBay buyer message. Hence cutting down time to list things. I recently inherited like 600 articles. Of clothing to list on a fifty fifty split with someone. Omg I miss listing lego listing clothing on eBay takes real savy and a work ethic. Haha. Rant over continue talking about a lego set I have one of. Not mad. Lol

Look man, I got a lot of women in my life... If u leave my phone for five minute s I come back to like five texts and fifty BP notifications and one stupid eBay buyer message. Hence cutting down time to list things. I recently inherited like 600 articles. Of clothing to list on a fifty fifty split with someone. Omg I miss listing lego listing clothing on eBay takes real savy and a work ethic. Haha. Rant over continue talking about a lego set I have one of. Not mad. Lol

I dont know man. 50/50 split when you do all the works sounds like raw deal. Well, unless the other person is your mom

You've got your mother, sisters, cousins, nieces...

When ur selling old iron Maiden tour shirts with holes in them for 100 bucks and ur making 40 bucks. Off of it it's worth it. Clothing is weird. Things that you would think belong in goodwill bag go for high dollar and things you think would fetch good money u can't get five bucks for. And I live my mom's but I was referring to all the girls who want me which is like half the world. Truth had a girl. Over the other nite see saw my lego stock pile and asked if that's how I lure young naive girls over. It's a good idea. Candy is so last year. OK I'm done. :) I'll continue clothing talk in proper forum. If anyone has any tips or whatnot and want to discuss Holla.

When this set is marked retired on S @ ****, Jojoyojimbi and I will make this thread so festive, it will put the SSD thread to shame :D

I am right there with you.

So the last time LEGO Shop at Home had these in stock to order was 3/20/2014, please correct me if I am wrong. So it has sat at Sold Out status for almost 6 months now in the USA and I believe it is Retired in the rest of the world with the exception of Canada.

What are some examples of other sets that have been sold out in the USA for this amount of time or longer and have made a comeback? Also what is the longest you have seen a set stay in sold out status prior to retiring?

I am right there with you.

So the last time LEGO Shop at Home had these in stock to order was 3/20/2014, please correct me if I am wrong. So it has sat at Sold Out status for almost 6 months now in the USA and I believe it is Retired in the rest of the world with the exception of Canada.

What are some examples of other sets that have been sold out in the USA for this amount of time or longer and have made a comeback? Also what is the longest you have seen a set stay in sold out status prior to retiring?

I'm not sure if these two sets were OOS for as long as the rover, but the Orc Forge, and Architecture Studio were OOS for a while, and then they made a suprising comeback.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it would be fitting for me to post in this thread that as of today the 21104 Rover is still not retired on the USA LEGO Shop at Home site.

Per the Exo Suit thread, even though I am sitting on 16 of these, 2 with original designer autographs and have not actively tried to sell any for 6 months as it continues to appreciate, well how do I say it, I guess some of us do not have patience.

:)

I thought it would be fitting for me to post in this thread that as of today the 21104 Rover is still not retired on the USA LEGO Shop at Home site.

Per the Exo Suit thread, even though I am sitting on 16 of these, 2 with original designer autographs and have not actively tried to sell any for 6 months as it continues to appreciate, well how do I say it, I guess some of us do not have patience.

:)

Unfair comparison - rovers are retired in Europe, so there is a flicker of hope for US

i think they're keeping this one "unretired" to spite me >_<

How can you retire something that has lasted 10 years beyond it's expected lifespan?

This bit of news is for you... This little machine just keeps on tracking in the martian desert!

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/news/whatsnew/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowNews&NewsID=1705

I've only got two left in my for-sale-now pile... I'm contemplating taking them down as this news may eventually bring the rover back into the media.

• Like 1

How can you retire something that has lasted 10 years beyond it's expected lifespan?

This bit of news is for you... This little machine just keeps on tracking in the martian desert!

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/news/whatsnew/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowNews&NewsID=1705

I've only got two left in my for-sale-now pile... I'm contemplating taking them down as this news may eventually bring the rover back into the media.

Thanks for the link on the actual rover!  I have put two of my 16 up to move and see what happens and lowered one of my two autographed ones.

I want to hold these things super long term but at some point I need to cash out on a few of them.

Thanks for the link on the actual rover!  I have put two of my 16 up to move and see what happens and lowered one of my two autographed ones.

I want to hold these things super long term but at some point I need to cash out on a few of them.

I was reading an article on a tech news site talking about how they reformatted the SSD drive on the rover last week so bad flash cells could be marked and avoided. Got me wondering what else had been going on lately. They've got a quite a journey planned for that little robot:

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/images/?ImageID=6584

• 2 weeks later...