Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

These are sold out and I just talked to my friend at lego and he said that from what he has heard, they aren't coming back. It was an extremely limited run, online only, 1 per household. I think it's gone for good!! Glad I snagged a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Cheapest on fleabay is $63.47. Worth it at that price? I only got 2 of these.

Got only two as well... remember myself yesterday debating internally whether or not I should swallow the shipping fee or bundle it with something else... didn't do either... and now, how they say it, "poof" ?

Stock levels are very thin on e bay

This makes me curious if they will bring it back. We`ve seen it before, very limited quantities go very fast, but only time will tell if this will be the case here. If they really are so concerned about the "fans" why do this? Why not produce a larger quantity? Especially for a CUUSOO project. Of course I expected it to sell quick, but not 27 days into available. Was thinking more along the lines of 5-6months. Anyway, here I am caught with my pants down without one  :laugh:  Guess I`ll order one off ebay .

It's hard to imagine that this set won't be restocked in the upcoming months. There has been plenty of incidences when a set is labeled "out of stock" and then was replenished afterwards.

Keeping my eyes on the future development.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I don't know if this is reliable but I called LEGO Shop at Home asking what's up. They guy I spoke with said that if a set is backordered for more than a month, they label the item as sold out until they re-stock their inventory. He claims that they will be selling the 21104 for quite some time.

I don't know if this is reliable but I called LEGO Shop at Home asking what's up. They guy I spoke with said that if a set is backordered for more than a month, they label the item as sold out until they re-stock their inventory. He claims that they will be selling the 21104 for quite some time.

I am more inclined to think that to be the case. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I take what Lego employees say with a grain of talcum powder.  I bet he said that to put you off buying it so he can have it at a staff discount before they run out.  Anyway, as long as this set goes in/out of stock it's a good flipper on a 30-day BIN with auto-offer listing.  Just like Minecraft before Xmas.  IMHO, a far better set than Hayabusa and look how well that has done!

I can see

Decided to roll the dice on this set...picked up 8 sets at CAN retail price.  Wait and see what happens.  Great if it's gone for good or if there's another production run I hope it'll take 4-6wks at least for the nice batch. 

Lego.ca now shows 'expected ship date 21 Mar 2014' so looks like it will be re released/stocked.  Good thing I didn't buy a ton and should try to flip the ones I have before it's available widely again. 

same date on Lego US, and you can "add to bag"

"expected ship date 21 Mar 2014"

flippety-flip...

when limit in US remains at "1", I would not call it widely available. Even with that limit, it went several time to "available at later date" in last two months

Has anyone had experience with this... If I order a rover and it ships in March will I still get the poster and promo police vehicle now.... Or will I get whatever promo in March?

Has anyone had experience with this... If I order a rover and it ships in March will I still get the poster and promo police vehicle now.... Or will I get whatever promo in March?

You'll get the current promo at the time of ordering (the promo item is added when you add stuff to cart)

I thought they all out of Police ATV...