10215 - UCS: Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter

legotrader

This set performs not very good in europe - do u think it will increase the next 2 years or should i sell it now?

Maybe it will be more seeked after when the Slave I will be released ?

SlaveI_vs_Delta-7_SotG.jpg

You can even try to pair them, but that's a lot (too much?) of money...

Maybe it will be more seeked after when the Slave I will be released ?

SlaveI_vs_Delta-7_SotG.jpg

You can even try to pair them, but that's a lot (too much?) of money...

I like what you did there! I'm still hoping that the new SW films will give some of the slower growing retired sets a small kick. I still have a few tucked away and am taking a wait (until the movies) and see approach.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, new here 

Recently picked up this one for my collection as I always wanted one of the older UCS-s (also a big fan of prequel ships) and this one was within my price range. Managed to pick one up at around 99 EU (original retail price, perhaps even a tad less given the exchange ratio) with free shipping at a local retailer with free shipping. TBH I wouldn't mind paying a bit more, itching to build it.

Just curious - what's your take on this one investment-wise? I did a bit of reading and I know it was a huge dud investment-wise as far as UCS-s go, but right now it seems to attract a healthy price. Availability at retail stores at RPP seems to be scarce. Picking one (or a few) up at RPP seems a reasonable idea now.

• 1 year later...

I was sorting through all of my bulk LEGO and trying to put together some of the sets that I knew were in there when I had a moment thinking of the various UCS sets. I decided to see just how close to this set I could get out of bulk. I'm still working on my bulk, but I've found probably half of the set so far. I doubt that this set was in the bulk to begin with, and I'll have to make a hard decision about whether I get the stickers or not. However, I think I'll be happy with the results. I can't wait to finish my project and see how much I was able to knock off of the price of this set.

5 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I was sorting through all of my bulk LEGO and trying to put together some of the sets that I knew were in there when I had a moment thinking of the various UCS sets. I decided to see just how close to this set I could get out of bulk. I'm still working on my bulk, but I've found probably half of the set so far. I doubt that this set was in the bulk to begin with, and I'll have to make a hard decision about whether I get the stickers or not. However, I think I'll be happy with the results. I can't wait to finish my project and see how much I was able to knock off of the price of this set.

Just picked this up recently myself (for AUD$135!), standalone it looks pretty good IMO. It just doesn't display terribly well with other UCS sets- the proportions of it are just a little too different for my liking. Stickers are worth it if you can wrangle a set- I bought a set of instructions off Bricklink and a new set of them fell out, so I'm a happy camper :) 

• Like 2