Retiring Soon - open speculation

• 5 months later...

Has anyone else noticed on L@**** the following Lone Ranger Sets are retiring soon.

Comanche Camp 79107 Stagecoach Escape 79108 Colby City Showdown 79109 Silver Mine Shootout 79110 Constitution Train Chase 79111

Do you have friends/relatives in the US ?

Nope, I just buy online when there are deals and ship them to the border to pickup. I've also met a few guys online and send them money through PayPal for deals. They've been getting the pet shop, GE, and FB for $110, I just send them $135 per piece and flip them for $200 each. The best flip right now is the Chi Temple, bought 10 at 79.99 during Black Friday online and sold each for $120. Down to my last two. Just received them on Friday and unloaded 8 yesterday.

Lone Ranger products are generally rubbish. You gotta get them at 50% off in order to flip them for profits. 30% off is nothing to write home about. Stay away from them if you don't have any buyers lined up.

I agree. 50% off LR sets is the best way to make money IF you want to flip them. 30% off is not enough to make a profit when you are flipping them. Unfortunately, I cannot find any LR sets at any significant discount near me. I will have to look after Christmas to see if there are any sets on clearance.

• Like 1

Lone Ranger products are generally rubbish. You gotta get them at 50% off in order to flip them for profits. 30% off is nothing to write home about. Stay away from them if you don't have any buyers lined up.

I disagree.  30% of is 30% off no matter what you look at.  Everyone here is not a flipper, so if you are the type of investor that does not need to unload right away, there is nothing wrong with this deal.  Before you give advice, you need to consider everyone, not just your style.

• Like 6

Your advice is rubbish.  Totally disagree with you.  I'll take 30% off any set, any day.  I don't need to sell it tomorrow, I can hold it for a while.

• Like 3

Your advice is rubbish. Totally disagree with you. I'll take 30% off any set, any day. I don't need to sell it tomorrow, I can hold it for a while.

Good luck to your buy and hold strategy. Make sure you cover those boxes and seal them because 20 yrs later, mildew and mold may set in and you'll have a bunch of rat invested Lone Ranger boxes.

I disagree. 30% of is 30% off no matter what you look at. Everyone here is not a flipper, so if you are the type of investor that does not need to unload right away, there is nothing wrong with this deal. Before you give advice, you need to consider everyone, not just your style.

I agree with you, I'm just stating one opinion. If one likes a specific product, just buy and enjoy them. Once they are gone/retired, that is it. I collect some and flip some. It just happens so that I don't like LR. But I did get some mine sets for $39.99 during Black Friday.

30% off is also a good deal for us parter-outers. Those individual bricks and bits are all worth something in a Bricklink store.

I forgot about that part of investing too. The minifigures are also worth something. After you add it all up 30% off does not sound bad at all. From another point, 30% off a set is good if you want to build the set for yourself.

• Like 1

I agree with you, I'm just stating one opinion. If one likes a specific product, just buy and enjoy them. Once they are gone/retired, that is it. I collect some and flip some. It just happens so that I don't like LR. But I did get some mine sets for $39.99 during Black Friday.

Sure agree with Jeff because he is an owner of the site, but to me, who basically said the same thing, I am an idiot that is going to have rat poop all over my sets.  You have no clue, sorry.

• Like 2

Your advice is rubbish.  Totally disagree with you.  I'll take 30% off any set, any day.  I don't need to sell it tomorrow, I can hold it for a while.

My 30% off in Europe means US retail.... so yeh... rubbish :)

Dont think everyone has as cheap LEGO as lucky Americans.... 

So no the advice is defo NOT rubbish...

Flippers are small, but vocal, part of our membership, so please don't think for one second that every LEGO set sold must be "flipped" immediately after purchase.  If Jeff and I thought "flipping" was the most important part of our site, we would have called it BrickFlipper.  That being said, I think many people enjoy the Lone Ranger sets and they could appreciate nicely in the future.  Also, 30% off is a solid discount on most sets.  Don't let the recent sales on Cyber Monday spoil you.  30% discounts are an excellent starting point for long term investing.

• Like 2