Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 minutes ago, dmind said:

Czech Republic shows same logic:

Will retire, 30% off: 70907, 70908, 41232, 75139, 76052, et cetera

Are just discounted, 20% off: 42069, 10252, 75189, 10251, et cetera

None of these in the frist row / Will retire, 30% off: 70907, 70908, 41232, 75139, 76052, et cetera - shows "retiring soon' tag on Czech e-shop. That was what I referring to. They are discounted, though - but no retirement tag.

8 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I really dont get your point.. what are you trying to prove here? that we - in Europe (not just CZE, but also German, France, Italian, Spanish etc) market SUCK? And you in North America are The Kings or what?

I would expect this attitude from someone else than MOST RESPECTED MODERATOR .. 

or are you suggesting that we should - somehow, given these circumstances, revolt against TLG presence here or something?. Its their decision why they cease production in different world areas at different moments. The same as why it is still financially efficient for them to have everything loaded off in Munich and whenever I order something from the local website I get it from German warehouse. The same applies for the rest of the continental Europe, not sure if UK doesnt have a dedicated warehouse.

Nothing to prove and nothing to go crazy over.  It was just a quick observation that stuff is retiring there early.  I'm not sure how you took that I was cutting on anyone by making a simple observation.  Carry on... :)

You have no stock, so therefore, it's gone.
u-V7nI.gif

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Nothing to prove and nothing to go crazy over.  It was just a quick observation that stuff is retiring there early.  I'm not sure how you took that I was cutting on anyone by making a simple observation.  Carry on... :)

Very nice.. so you deleted my previous post + also yours when you, used word "you in OOS suck" - is that a common thing around here that when MOds are displeased with what they said that they just delete these posts as to not to look bad ?

1 minute ago, crayxlp said:

Very nice.. so you deleted my previous post + also yours when you, used word "you in OOS suck" - is that a common thing around here that when MOds are displeased with what they said that they just delete these posts as to not to look bad ?

I didn't delete anything, now I'm curious. LOL!  It's a conspiracy against 2 sides of the world.

Edit:  I'm not sure what happened to those, so another mod might have stepped in.  Please don't throw around accusations.  It was a fun observation. You're making it no fun.

We prefer to delete posts from members who act like children on an adult themed forum, but from time to time we have to mod the mods.

I think you’re getting worked up over nothing here.
  • Like 1

SOMEONE deleted my post where I described the distribution process  from HU plant to Kladno then to Munich. The same post was a reply at your remark in which you used words OOS and suck.. show me that post now

1 minute ago, gregpj said:

We prefer to delete posts from members who act like children on an adult themed forum, but from time to time we have to mod the mods.

I think you’re getting worked up over nothing here.

I undestand that. So there was a post that was deleted and Exciter is off the line with his "conspiracy remark"

SOMEONE deleted my post where I described the distribution process  from HU plant to Kladno then to Munich. The same post was a reply at your remark in which you used words OOS and suck.. show me that post now

Here it is again.  Harmless as ever, "Distribution must suck in the Czech Republic"   That's all that was said.  Refer to Greg's post above. :)

None of these in the frist row / Will retire, 30% off: 70907, 70908, 41232, 75139, 76052, et cetera - shows "retiring soon' tag on Czech e-shop. That was what I referring to. They are discounted, though - but no retirement tag.

Exactly. They do not show the tag, also not in Netherlands... but recent discounts of up to 60% off on Amazon (DE/ES/UK/IT) on these sets, and Lego referring to 20% discounts but also making 30% discounts, make you wonder...

If I have to make a guess, one of first next retiring sets from the discounted sets is 70352 - without retiring soon tag.

On the lifespan of some of the sets (e.g. Batman Movie), I feel some indeed are going to retire with just a 11-12 month life span.

Yes, that was it. But there was also some abbreviation OOS which I clearly remember - because I didnt know what it stands for.. so there was more to that msg.. anyways, I dont think its necessary to dig into it any further. If felt kind of insulted by that approach because I dont think that Exciter has better understanding of the LEGO logistics operation in Europe than I do - to make such remarks. And it would certainly help that if a msg is removed a user gets some notification.

6 hours ago, feed said:

There are some scary short lifespans on some of those sets. 

The winner so far is the Friends Ski Off roader set with barely 4 months on the clock. Last year there were a lot more sets with 6 month runs; our beloved 75150, 70590, Elves, Bionicles and a few others I forget. 

US LEGO Shop :

Sold out - 10248 Ferrari-F40-10248
Sold out - 10232 Palace-Cinema-10232
Sold out - 75095 TIE-Fighter-75095
Sold out - 76042 The-SHIELD-Helicarrier-76042
Sold out - 71006 The-Simpsons-House-71006
Sold out - 71016 The-Kwik-E-Mart-71016

Dance is beginning ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick83 said:

US LEGO Shop :

Sold out - 10248 Ferrari-F40-10248
Sold out - 10232 Palace-Cinema-10232
Sold out - 75095 TIE-Fighter-75095
Sold out - 76042 The-SHIELD-Helicarrier-76042
Sold out - 71006 The-Simpsons-House-71006
Sold out - 71016 The-Kwik-E-Mart-71016

Dance is beginning 1f600.png

I saw this sets yesterday in Vienna with "last chance to buy" tag so I bought F40 bcs I hadnt owned any