Retiring Soon - open speculation

Not much in Mexico , adventure time and doctor who were liquidated about six months ago in a toy store chain , they were like 30 usd for doctor who and 24 usd for Adventure time .  Walmart Mexico liquidated the yellow submarine a month ago for 40 usd.

Other than that, getting ready to hoard on this years employee Christmas’s present gift set.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, boliramirez said:

Not much in Mexico , adventure time and doctor who were liquidated about six months ago in a toy store chain , they were like 30 usd for doctor who and 24 usd for Adventure time .  Walmart Mexico liquidated the yellow submarine a month ago for 40 usd.

Other than that, getting ready to hoard on this years employee Christmas’s present gift set.....

Thanks for that great to hear whats going on in Mexico although you guys seem to be running a bit behind Europe on retirements etc, so must be like shooting fish in a barrel over there.

Apparently Lego 's approach for these is similar to Minifigures - limited, shorter than average production runs. When they sell out of a predetermined time or quantity, they're supposedly done.  We don't know which which will be the shortest, although the Limit Order is a clue. Oddly Groot had 20, whereas others have only a Limit of 3. More sets are OOS this morning, but these are TOOS, rather than sold out. 

More sets are out next year. 

Salt and pinch, as always with Lego. I suspect that Lego may be working with Amazon (who have plenty of Groot) and using the Sold Out as a marketing tactic. Nothing surprises me these days. 

Edited by Villager Chris
  • Like 1

Been doing some Amazon Basket testing. Looks like there is 80 in stock for delivery tomorrow. If you add 999, the delivery date changes to the middle of November. 

This looks like another Lego farm-out. The Lego label should be changed from 'Sold Out'  to 'Go See Jeff'. 

We're going to see plenty more Farm-Outs in the coming months.

Edited by Villager Chris

Just now, Villager Chris said:

Been doing some Amazon Basket testing. Looks like there is 80 in stock for delivery tomorrow. If you add 999, the delivery date changes to the middle of November. 

This is a dodgy Lego farm-out. The Lego label should be changed to 'Sold Out - Go See Jeff'. 

Yes fully agree, SAH obviously selling via Jeff, suspect they have a massive amount of AT in stock as well which is showing BO on SAH.

Its going to be tricky knowing whats really sold out and retired if so much stock is going to Jeff.

Guest TabbyBoy

There's nothing to stop Jeff for buying up all good sets at better discounts than us and then reselling them after EOL at under RRP. I'm surprised that he hasn't done this already and wiped out all other resellers. We all moan about QFLLs supposedly making pennies per set, but what if their discount was far larger than ours to begin with?

One thing is for sure, "Sold Out" tells me that the next production run will be the biggest so far. It's been years since I saw "Sold Out" move to "Retired Product". I'm ignoring Star Wars as I'm not remotely interested in that rubbish anymore.

11 hours ago, grabbitfast said:

Yes fully agree, SAH obviously selling via Jeff, suspect they have a massive amount of AT in stock as well which is showing BO on SAH.

Its going to be tricky knowing whats really sold out and retired if so much stock is going to Jeff.

JEFF . like in Bazos? :blink:

Guest TabbyBoy
8 hours ago, superlegolover said:

just released, no way

I agree, HP BH is far too popular to have a short lifespan. Then again, we know that LEGO doesn't seem to listen these days. Don't forget that some sets like Simpson's House were popping in and out of retirement for a while before the coffin was actually nailed shut.

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I agree, HP BH is far too popular to have a short lifespan. Then again, we know that LEGO doesn't seem to listen these days. Don't forget that some sets like Simpson's House were popping in and out of retirement for a while before the coffin was actually nailed shut.

I assume it was exclusively sold by TLG in Germany. Finn and Phasma were only 3 month available here and only distributed by Lego.

I´m in for some rockets. 

edit: also noticed that the Simpsons Duel Pack which also released in October is limited to 3 per customer. Groot & Rocket were limited to 20 per customer...

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

I dont really rate these Brickheadz as a good return item given you can still pick up series one figures for £6 or £7. Yes there was a few exceptions in Europe Phasma LLoyd and Finn but these were in short supply basically only available at Lego sah, most of these sets now can be purchased in Retail stores and of course now Amazon are in to them in a big way and seem to be taking a very large amount of sah stock hence the regular sold out tags on sah, only to be restocked.

I for one will be directing my funds towards themes with a sound track record of performance.

Guest TabbyBoy
39 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

I dont really rate these Brickheadz as a good return item given you can still pick up series one figures for £6 or £7. Yes there was a few exceptions in Europe Phasma LLoyd and Finn but these were in short supply basically only available at Lego sah, most of these sets now can be purchased in Retail stores and of course now Amazon are in to them in a big way and seem to be taking a very large amount of sah stock hence the regular sold out tags on sah, only to be restocked.

I for one will be directing my funds towards themes with a sound track record of performance.

I personally think that Brickheadz look hideous. I do have all 12 in the first wave that I bought cheap on eBay and I can still make 2x (just under RRP)  if I sold now. I may just hold on a while longer as interest in the theme seems to be growing. Most of the kids that I know absolutely love them. As for "Sold Out", etc. tags on SaH, they are meaningless. If it sells, it'll be back - simples.

Performance track records are hard to gauge as it could mean that those themes will now be heavily hoarded or produced for eternity. If Tower Bridge and VW T1 retired back in 2013, they'd be 2x by now, but I now doubt that they'd exceed RRP after fees.

Thinking "outside the box", taking a punt on what you think will be a sleeper and retail arbitrage is the only way forward I think. I'd definitely not get started in the game these days, far too risky for meagre reward.

Somebody on here must know production volumes and I bet they're raking it in.

35 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Performance track records are hard to gauge as it could mean that those themes will now be heavily hoarded or produced for eternity. If Tower Bridge and VW T1 retired back in 2013, they'd be 2x by now, but I now doubt that they'd exceed RRP after fees.

Thing is, there is now a meta game going on. Pet Shop hasn't done very well, so people figured modulars were done and that Palace Cinema wasn't worth buying. However, it has been climbing steadily and is selling at the moment for ~ £170 - £180. Not a stratospheric leap by any means, but it's not had its first Christmas yet.

Lego reselling has certainly cooled this year, only been doing few years and noticed some ranges, especially Star Wars has dried up.

The ideas range is very hard to judge too. John Lewis had Fishing Store and Ship in Bottle at 25% off for week now. FS went OOS in 2-3 days and SB is still in stock - a sign of bad resell value?

Not long until the Retiring Soon Tags and Black November deals, decisions decisions?

• Like 2