Jump to content

Retiring Soon - open speculation

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

 

I guess we will see

LEGO Star Wars 20th anniversary sets confirmed for April 2019 release

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-20th-anniversary-sets-confirmed-for-april-2019-release/

 

It was rumoured by Brick Fanatics last year that a range of commemorative sets would include yellow faced minifigures in a nod to the original LEGO Star Wars sets. Since then, more rumours have cropped up suggesting that two of the sets will be 75258 Anakin’s Podracer – 20th Anniversary Edition and 75243 Slave I – 20th Anniversary Edition.

Is it me or does that new 20th anniversary logo look like it's giving us the middle finger? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

I'm not trying to pick a fight, and would like to honestly hear your perspective on this, re: You think Disney attacked fans.

In my view there were LOTS of unhappy fans attacking Disney, and I didn't see any retaliation from Disney. In fact, the concept of it seems impossible. Fans spend the money.

What specifically are you referring to?

I think he's trying to say The Last Jedi sucked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 4:52 AM, Sozial said:

I guess 21034 - London and 21028 - New York are going this year as well. High discounts here and lot of advertisment.

Am I the only person surprised 21034 did not get marked for retirement this time? While Chicago and Sydney did, this one seems to be sticking around for the time being

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ma91pmh said:

Am I the only person surprised 21034 did not get marked for retirement this time? While Chicago and Sydney did, this one seems to be sticking around for the time being

I can see 21034 being a good seller if the long life of Tower Bridge (still widely available) is anything to go by. However, I was surprise that Buckingham Palace didn't last longer, especially with the recent Royal weddings and the British obsession with Meghan. Sorry for being morbid, but I think it's worth hanging on to Buckingham Palace until the Queen moves out... feet first. This could be the biggest ever event at the palace including King William V's coronation soon after.

On topic... I've been seeing seal codes at least 6 months old on the 10220 VW Campers in JLP, an omen?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I can see 21034 being a good seller if the long life of Tower Bridge (still widely available) is anything to go by. However, I was surprise that Buckingham Palace didn't last longer, especially with the recent Royal weddings and the British obsession with Meghan. Sorry for being morbid, but I think it's worth hanging on to Buckingham Palace until the Queen moves out... feet first. This could be the biggest ever event at the palace including King William V's coronation soon after.

On topic... I've been seeing seal codes at least 6 months old on the 10220 VW Campers in JLP, an omen?

ha it could be 10-15-20 years before the old bag moves out. that is beyond my timeframe. i prefer the 1 year hold, i'm more a flipper than a long term investor

i can see the sales being good, but it is inconsistent with other arch sets. i would certainly be surprised to see it survive past this time next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ma91pmh said:

ha it could be 10-15-20 years before the old bag moves out. that is beyond my timeframe. i prefer the 1 year hold, i'm more a flipper than a long term investor

i can see the sales being good, but it is inconsistent with other arch sets. i would certainly be surprised to see it survive past this time next year

The "old bag" (that's our monarch you're disrespecting btw) will be 93 in April. 10 years more would be pushing it, 15 or 20 are most unlikely.

But like you, I think I'll hold Buck House for just a year or so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, redjersey said:

The "old bag" (that's our monarch you're disrespecting btw) will be 93 in April. 10 years more would be pushing it, 15 or 20 are most unlikely.

But like you, I think I'll hold Buck House for just a year or so.

 

2 hours ago, ma91pmh said:

ha it could be 10-15-20 years before the old bag moves out. that is beyond my timeframe. i prefer the 1 year hold, i'm more a flipper than a long term investor

i can see the sales being good, but it is inconsistent with other arch sets. i would certainly be surprised to see it survive past this time next year

I'm not exactly a Royalist per se, but I'm a very proud Brit and respect this remarkable woman who is Head of State in 16 Countries including the largest one in North America. I'd not be surprised to see her celebrate her 100th birthday on the throne. My questions are... who will send HER a telegram and would she appreciate a 21029 if I sent her one? An ex colleague is a Queen's Messenger so she might even receive it - LOL.

I would also like to state that 10253 is incorrectly named Big Ben where it is, in fact, the Elizabeth Tower - after the Victorians originally calling it St. Stephen's Tower. It has never been called Big Ben as that only applies to the bell. It's as significant to us as the Liberty Bell in Philly. I woudn't be surprised if LEGO are pulling 10253 so that they can re-release it with the correct name as it hasn't been out that long and it is the World's most famous clock tower. Why not? The 10214 Tower Bridge appears to have been on sale since the Roman invasion!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I'll be annoyed if you waited 3 years to complain that it's not available.  Welcome!

I guess I should rephrase that by saying I'd be annoyed at my stupidity for not buying a set before it's retired even though I had ample time. Is the Slave I confirmed to be out of stock for good? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×