Retiring Soon - open speculation

Keep in mind that 2019 is going to be exceptionally heavy for SW content. We’ll see two animated shows (resistance and clone wars), a live action series, all launched on a new streaming service AND IX dropping in December.

I think this will mean a ton of inventory and over stock

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

A ton of over stock and as always a few hidden gems. Just have to let the dust settle. Even Chima and nexo have their gems.

2 hours ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

A ton of over stock and as always a few hidden gems. Just have to let the dust settle. Even Chima and nexo have their gems.

its all so very interesting.. but when the business (economy) dies due to the US vs. China protectional market wars the last thing on mind of the "ordinary" rural people would be the LEGO.. the first would certainly be gas, bread, (not sure how difficult it is in the US).. to get a water and energy supply. It takes just one look at any major news channel that even farmers who supported the current president now suffer due to the governmental shutdown. - something that they never could think of that just might happen (yeah. .gotcha..why am I not surprised.. ) . and suddendly they are all-so-started by "what am I going to do -. i need the gov subs to get the gas .. " - in cases like these I just have the immediate urge to tell these ppl - and what did you expect you d-head! when you could do the math that this weirdo HAS ABSOLUTELY NO GOVERNING TALENT! and his "WALL" is jut the tribune to that.. enjoy.. I apologize to all of those who hate this guy.. 

Edited by crayxlp

its all so very interesting.. but when the business (economy) dies due to the US vs. China protectional market wars the last thing on mind of the "ordinary" rural people would be the LEGO.. the first would certainly be gas, bread, (not sure how difficult it is in the US).. to get a water and energy supply. It takes just one look at any major news channel that even farmers who supported the current president now suffer due to the governmental shutdown. - something that they never could think of that just might happen (yeah. .gotcha..why am I not surprised.. ) . and suddendly they are all-so-started by "what am I going to do -. i need the gov subs to get the gas .. " - in cases like these I just have the immediate urge to tell these ppl - and what did you expect you d-head! when you could do the math that this weirdo HAS ABSOLUTELY NO GOVERNING TALENT! and his "WALL" is jut the tribune to that.. enjoy.. I apologize to all of those who hate this guy.. 
Can you please keep your political views to yourself and out of threads they have no business being in. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Can you please keep your political views to yourself and out of threads they have no business being in. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Totally agree. No polictics here but just a thought, maybe Trump could buy lots of Lego to build his wall ?

back to topic has anyone else noticed 75144 on back order for while and Smyths here in UK has restocked warehouse. Could there have been a last production run or is it unsold stock returning to Lego base?

23 minutes ago, Yellow Castle said:

Totally agree. No polictics here but just a thought, maybe Trump could buy lots of Lego to build his wall ?

back to topic has anyone else noticed 75144 on back order for while and Smyths here in UK has restocked warehouse. Could there have been a last production run or is it unsold stock returning to Lego base?

This would certainly increase the scarcity of golden bricks! :D

4 hours ago, Yellow Castle said:

?back to topic has anyone else noticed 75144 on back order for while and Smyths here in UK has restocked warehouse. Could there have been a last production run or is it unsold stock returning to Lego base?

Found this on a FB group, supposedly a cut and paste from Lego chat last week:
It’s a very popular set and we’ve had a lot more orders than we expected. We don’t have any in stock at the moment, and we’re working hard to make more.
Our warehouse is expecting a new delivery in about 30 days. If you were planning to give the set as a present, we’ll be happy to send your LEGO builder a message from the team to explain the delay.

10 minutes ago, eliminator said:

It’s a very popular set and we’ve had a lot more orders than we expected. We don’t have any in stock at the moment, and we’re working hard to make more.
Our warehouse is expecting a new delivery in about 30 days. If you were planning to give the set as a present, we’ll be happy to send your LEGO builder a message from the team to explain the delay.

None of that describes 75144 even remotely.

Guest TabbyBoy

For less money than yet another UCS turkey, you could've bought 17x Mickey Mouse Brickheads and turned that £170 into £680 within only a few weeks. Of course, 75144 won't reach 4x.... ever! Sorry to rain on your parades, but UCS is done and dusted unless... you want to stare at a built one!

9 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

For less money than yet another UCS turkey, you could've bought 17x Mickey Mouse Brickheads and turned that £170 into £680 within only a few weeks. Of course, 75144 won't reach 4x.... ever! Sorry to rain on your parades, but UCS is done and dusted unless... you want to stare at a built one!

I only bought one 75144, to build. I wouldn't even consider buying any to resell unless they hit 50% off.

It's still a great set, just not a great set for investment unless buy-in is rock bottom.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, eliminator said:

I only bought one 75144, to build. I wouldn't even consider buying any to resell unless they hit 50% off.

It's still a great set, just not a great set for investment unless buy-in is rock bottom.

50% off a UCS set in the UK is a very rare thing, even for a common and very available set. Boycotting all Star Wars is the best decision I ever made!

3 hours ago, eliminator said:

Fake news...A generic response that we have seen before.  

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Apparently it is marked down 30% in some Lego brand stores.

When they go to 50% off next month I guess you could return it and buy again. They might even give you a free "reseller scum" Black VIP card.

Oh... you mean the card which is had just one use... for scraping ice off the car windscreen?

50% off, I wouldn't be surprised as I don't think it's that good a set, my SW bias aside.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Oh... you mean the card which is had just one use... for scraping ice off the car windscreen?
50% off, I wouldn't be surprised as I don't think it's that good a set, my SW bias aside.

What did everyone expect from the black vip card? Seriously? And is $100+ for the card frame thing not enough?
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Check the EU SAH for all the tagged sets. As mentioned, retired means no new production. For people like @exciter1 it means they have about 4 years or so to soak up local on shelf stock.

The Tower Bridge is an example, Sold Out at SaH yet piled up high and discounted at John Lewis - a turkey in the making it seems. I wish LEGO would stop using "Hard to Find" as I can get hold of EVERY current set available on their website either at SaH or somewhere else in a heartbeat.

As you can see, tagged means nothing to me. Especially in an era where resurrections are likely.