Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 hours ago, calmdahn said:

Well, yes and no. He posted an image of a minifigure. That doesn’t mean TLG actually started printing new boxes and inserting that minifigure into production runs of 75188. I want to know if anybody has actually purchased those boxes. 

There is a long conversation about this on Eurobricks. Most of it is on pages 56 & 57, including some “proof.”

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/167577-lego-star-wars-2019-set-discussion-read-first-post/&page=57

Rare "errors' are a hot potato game with the guy at the end holding it losing

no one really wants it..just perceived value based on scarcity...seen it during the baseball card phase...seen rare error cards at shows going for ridiculous prices...never seen any actually purchased or in a private collection (ie actually purchased by a collector...end consumer)...usually just a conversation piece

Just comes down to how much the next reseller thinks its worth

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Rare "errors' are a hot potato game with the guy at the end holding it losing

no one really wants it..just perceived value based on scarcity...seen it during the baseball card phase...seen rare error cards at shows going for ridiculous prices...never seen any actually purchased or in a private collection (ie actually purchased by a collector...end consumer)...usually just a conversation piece

Just comes down to how much the next reseller thinks its worth

I'm not sure what you mean by not seeing any actually purchased. Probably the best known example...Billy Ripken 89 Fleer cards sold like crazy at card shows for decently high amounts (given it was 30 years ago). 1987 Donruss opening day Barry Bonds (showing Johnny Ray) was another highly sought after card and still sells for high dollar amounts.

I will agree that error cards not corrected were just eye candy at the time.

Of course, there

4 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

From first falcon right? The Non ucs one. That fig was around $100 iirc. 

Hmmm, wait, first leia from mf wasn’t flesh color was she?

She came in the 10198 Tantive IV  - I got this fig in a used 10198 set and bought the “rough” hair version to resell with the rest of the set.  That was a nice flip.

• Like 1