Retiring Soon - open speculation

So far I only stock my investment pile with the sets that I like.  I just don't see the draw for Orc Forge, but it's probably just me as many of you love it and have already sold multiples of them.  So at this point, is Orc Forge worth getting at the full $39.99 even though it's not a larger set? 

So far I only stock my investment pile with the sets that I like.  I just don't see the draw for Orc Forge, but it's probably just me as many of you love it and have already sold multiples of them.  So at this point, is Orc Forge worth getting at the full $39.99 even though it's not a larger set?

Definitely. The set is an exclusive, and will be retiring just a couple months after the Tower of Orthanc is released. This means that Orthanc will be on the market for, say, a year and a half without the Orc Forge, making the secondary market the only chance for people to get this perfect companion.

I just looked on Lego.com yesterday, and saw that you could buy the 9489 set for $12.99 USD. Now, I check this set today, and it says "Call to check product availability". Here is the worst part, in the top left corner it say retiring soon. A set that is retiring soon and has to call to check the availability: Not good. My suggestion, buy this set if you still can!

P.S. PANIC!!!!!!!

These are now listed as "Retiring Soon" on Lego LEGO Shop at Home (apologies if this has been posted already)

3183 Stephanie's Cool Convertible

3937 Olivia's Speedboat

3939 Mia's Bedroom

Mia's Bedroom is a neat set. The radio and drum set are fun to build, there's a place to stash Mia's purple book/journal, and there's even a place to store those drumsticks!

**Actually, can someone move this post to a new topic? I just realized it doesn't make sense to post it here :)

Edited by wholovesboo

***Awesome site will save me HOURS of research thanks for the opportunity!!***

I have my finger on the "trigger" to buy multiple orc forge 9476...My question is ...Is this really worth investing in? What is a good price point for these at the moment? I do notice ebay prices are ranging between 47-60 dollars already.. Any and all help is appreciated thanks for all your time!!!

***Awesome site will save me HOURS of research thanks for the opportunity!!***

I have my finger on the "trigger" to buy multiple orc forge 9476...My question is ...Is this really worth investing in? What is a good price point for these at the moment? I do notice ebay prices are ranging between 47-60 dollars already.. Any and all help is appreciated thanks for all your time!!!

Yes it is. At retail is probably the lowest you will find it at this point, but that has been the case for most of its run anyway.

Welcome to the site!

Orc Forge is a hot investment imo since it pairs with the Tower of Orthanc AND is already on the "retiring soon" list after a very short run. I've actually never seen the set on sale. Its $39 at S&**** and Target. Although with the Red Card and ****** you can chop 7% off the Target price. Even at MSRP, I don't think you can go wrong with this set. Its a winner.

Yes it is. At retail is probably the lowest you will find it at this point, but that has been the case for most of its run anyway.

This is true...

I have been "flipping" LOTR along with Ninjago for a while but long term is what I wanted to do but never really had time too research items. Thanks for the quick reply I am hoping to get these at 10% off.