Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Sah uk shows sold out. But yesterday we all got excited when 21309 showed as sold out.

There's a bug in Lego's automated messages. Quite often see items going sold out then back order the next day 

Their new CEO needs to be stabbed with a "Russian Umbrella".

Folks, calm down. You are getting your statuses all wrong:

- Normal product, "Sold Out" -> means there is no confirmed backorder date (yet)

- Normal product, "Backordered" -> means a new shipment has been planned, the reported date is when it's supposed to arrive

- "Retiring soon", "Call to Check" -> part of the dance

- "Retiring soon", "Sold Out" -> Almost done dancing

- "Retiring soon", "Retired Product" (EU version) -> Likely retired, unless we find some more in the back or Tabby sends back a shipload, in which case it goes back to "Available"

- "Retiring soon", "Retired Product" (US version) -> Done.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

- Normal product, "Sold Out" -> means there is no confirmed backorder date (yet)

- Normal product, "Backordered" -> means a new shipment has been planned, the reported date is when it's supposed to arrive

- "Retiring soon", "Retired Product" (EU version) -> Likely retired, unless we find some more in the back or Tabby sends back a shipload, in which case it goes back to "Available"

that would be useful to stick to the top (header) of this forum.. perhaps some colours and xtra formatting would be useful too.

Edited by crayxlp
typo

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

You missed one:

"Out Of Stock"

3 hours ago, crayxlp said:

these two (new) sets are surprisingly also currently out of stock

40260 Halloween Set
40262 Christmas Train Ride

These Seasonal sets only get one production run and once the supply runs out they move to "out of stock" status. There will still be some supply left here and there in physical LEGO stores, but it means they're near to official retirement status. 

It surprises me though that the Christmas Train Ride apparently is more popular than the Christmas Town Square which I personally think is the better looking set of the two.

1 hour ago, Haay said:

These Seasonal sets only get one production run and once the supply runs out they move to "out of stock" status. There will still be some supply left here and there in physical LEGO stores, but it means they're near to official retirement status. 

It surprises me though that the Christmas Train Ride apparently is more popular than the Christmas Town Square which I personally think is the better looking set of the two.

Other way around in my local LEGO store - plenty trains left, square fully sold out.

It's interesting to note that Ideas set 21307 Caterham Seven is now on the official Retiring Soon list within LEGO Shop at Home, while 21306 Yellow Submarine is not listed as Retiring Soon.

IF they're both retiring, does that mean the Caterham Seven is a slow seller and needs the sales boost from the Retiring Soon label, while the Yellow Submarine is selling so well that it doesn't need that label to sell out the remaining stock? We'll have to see... When Yellow Submarine retires suddenly without warning it could mean good things are in its future! :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Haay said:

It's interesting to note that Ideas set 21307 Caterham Seven is now on the official Retiring Soon list within LEGO Shop at Home, while 21306 Yellow Submarine is not listed as Retiring Soon.

IF they're both retiring, does that mean the Caterham Seven is a slow seller and needs the sales boost from the Retiring Soon label, while the Yellow Submarine is selling so well that it doesn't need that label to sell out the remaining stock? We'll have to see... When Yellow Submarine retires suddenly without warning it could mean good things are in its future! :) 

That´s conspiracy theory 1. The other is the webmaster forgot to update all the sets.

I don´t think the Falcon is any worse a seller than orange x wing yet it´s the same story with one tagged and the other not.

4 minutes ago, Castle375 said:

Maybe the yellow sub is around a bit longer? Also notice 31052 (Vacation Getaway) was in one of the lists but is not tagged as retiring soon on SAH?

I noticed the same thing. And I also noticed that 41126 Heartlake Riding Club does not have the Retiring Soon label, while it was listed on the list ... Either TLG changed their minds on some sets after the list was already out, or the webmaster of LEGO Shop at Home missed a few sets here and there...

5 minutes ago, Haay said:

I noticed the same thing. And I also noticed that 41126 Heartlake Riding Club does not have the Retiring Soon label, while it was listed on the list ... Either TLG changed their minds on some sets after the list was already out, or the webmaster of LEGO Shop at Home missed a few sets here and there...

Option 2 would be highly unlikely given the 100% perfection that is the SAH website. Only the best is good enough - and if not, it´s also good enough.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Just looking at the newly tagged "retiring soon" EU sets.. and this is quite interesting.. is it usual for City set to live only like three months ?  - 60168 Sailboat Rescue

UNITED STATES
01 Aug 17 - 28 Nov 17
$29.99
CANADA
01 Aug 17 - 28 Nov 17
$39.99

wow and i dont find them at toysrus or walmart in canada

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Nick83 said:

75105, Retiring soon

Another Falcon Millenium wil coming with price range 100-250 ?

I very much doubt that it'll get even close to RRP let alone exceed it. Too many have been sold too cheaply for this to perform well, in the UK at least. If it does do well, you'll need to offload quickly before the inevitable resurrection or remake. Another race to the bottom I think and glad I paid only £30 for mine.