Retiring Soon - open speculation

3 minutes ago, Haay said:

Look who also got resurrected from the dead:

image.png.54abc04af3b34379da0b0886b4528edb.png

Guess that's what you get when you dabble with the paranormal: the dead keep coming back. :P 

The same happened to Caterham for a while - but Caterham is sold out again during this one is still available, common guys, make your orders with limit of 10 for this one!

Edited by mauro23

41 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I doubt we will see a SAH discount. Other sets have come back with no discount like TIE and Simpsons. Your only hope is in another store like Smyths.

I think the same - but why to reduce the AoH and not the Simpsons or ToA ??? AoH would need similar time to get cleared of the shelves without any reduction as the other sets...

2 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

I think the same - but why to reduce the AoH and not the Simpsons or ToA ??? AoH would need similar time to get cleared of the shelves without any reduction as the other sets...

I guess they looked at inventory and decided based on that. Palace CInema is still not retired or discounted.

A lot of retired sets keep reappearing on Amazon. Some stick around for a while whilst others go quickly.  Next day, same thing and so on... Been going on for a couple of weeks now.  Hard to believe they are odd bits of stock or returns. 

Are they still being produced? If so it's another unethical marketing tactic (similar to the One Day Boxing Day Sale, and the Brickheadz exclusives / retiring soon labels).

26 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

A lot of retired sets keep reappearing on Amazon. Some stick around for a while whilst others go quickly.  Next day, same thing and so on... Been going on for a couple of weeks now.  Hard to believe they are odd bits of stock or returns. 

Are they still being produced? If so it's another unethical marketing tactic (similar to the One Day Boxing Day Sale, and the Brickheadz exclusives / retiring soon labels).

Do you mean SaH?

I rung customer services yesterday as couple of orders cancelled and whilst chatting the lady said stores return EOL stock to main warehouse this time of year and this is likely what is being sorted and listed on SaH.

the comms between website and actual stock is very poor I have to say. 

11 minutes ago, Yellow Castle said:

Do you mean SaH?

I rung customer services yesterday as couple of orders cancelled and whilst chatting the lady said stores return EOL stock to main warehouse this time of year and this is likely what is being sorted and listed on SaH.

the comms between website and actual stock is very poor I have to say. 

Amazon.

Follow up: I just received this today, again from Amazon.  This retired lines is old damaged cr&p. Where has this been for the last year?

Paid £70 for a box in this condition. Seals broken too so not even worth keeping it looks like it's been cherry-picked. 

Bl00dy annoying as there was a nice instant profit here, now nothing and the hassle of returning it. 

20180109_163629.jpg

20180109_163632.jpg

20180109_163649.jpg

20180109_163659.jpg

Edited by Villager Chris

10 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Amazon.

In addition, I just received this today, again from Amazon.  The retired lines that reappearing are old damaged cr&p. Where has this been for the last year?

Paid £70 for a box in this condition. Seals broken too so not even worth keeping it looks like it's been cherry-picked. 

Bl00dy annoying as there was a nice instant profit here, now nothing and the hassle of returning it. 

If the bags are all there and untampered, I would try and get a partial refund for it. If your amazon account has no or few returns they may just refund you and allow you to keep it.

Edited by John82

Cool sorry thought might be typo.

Oh wow, that very poor. Was this set from a third party supplier? I had some bad experiences with Amazon 3Ps. This year only ordered from Amazon direct on odd occasion. 

Main Amazon packaging better in 2017 than 2016 but clearly not if your Set is from Amazon direct.

Edited by Yellow Castle
Fat fingers -sent too early.

8 minutes ago, Yellow Castle said:

Cool sorry thought might be typo.

Oh wow, that very poor. Was this set from a third party supplier? I had some bad experiences with Amazon 3Ps. This year only ordered from Amazon direct on odd occasion. 

Main Amazon packaging better in 2017 than 2016.

Amazon direct!  I expect this from Argos but I would have thought that Amazon have a quality control before shipping items. 

Edited by Villager Chris

27 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Amazon direct!  I expect this from Argos but I would have thought that Amazon have a quality control before shipping items. 

That is bad and as you say what we’d expect from Argos, (also Tesco Direct too).

The problem this time of year is the leftovers, bottom of the pile and returns.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Villager Chris said:

Amazon.

Follow up: I just received this today, again from Amazon.  This retired lines is old damaged cr&p. Where has this been for the last year?

I feel for you and retailers should know better. Don't forget to leave a poor review on their website too as they need to be taught a lesson. You can also try calling 020 7084 7915 to see if you can get a huge discount if the set is complete. Don't accept crap like this as the problem will only get worse.

1 hour ago, Villager Chris said:

I wish! Sadly my return rate has shot up over the last few weeks with all the damaged boxes I have received. 

Are you buying via Warehouse Deals or proper new stock? Those stickers suggest the former and that it is a return.