Retiring Soon - open speculation

23 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I think I got that message in a fortune cookie once. 

it's actually a saying from Charles Rozell Swindoll, who also goes by Chuck Swindoll, a pastor.

so whoever produced your fortune cookie is gonna be a christian

i was able to put in a couple of large orders in for minnies a couple of days ago from kohls b4 they poofed.

i thought i was pretty slick there.  for a day.

then yesterday the inbox is flooded with shipping emails many more than 2  orders i put in.

today got a pile  o' poly mailers in the driveway , 1-2 minnies per sack , most severely damaged, probably fulfilled at individual stores ala blain's.

best part is many more still on the way.

kohls, u suck

Edited by cladner
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cladner said:

i was able to put in a couple of large orders in for minnies a couple of days ago from kohls b4 they poofed.

then yesterday the inbox is flooded with shipping emails many more than 2  orders i put in.

today got a pile  o' poly mailers in the driveway , 1-2 minnies per sack , most severely damaged, probably fulfilled at individual stores ala blain's.

kohls, u suck

Same thing. They shipped them in a bag. All 5 destroyed not damaged. 

3 hours ago, cladner said:

kohls, u suck

Great, probably how mine are going to arrive then?

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, NIevo said:

Friends Heartlake Hospital ok to pick up at RRP or not worth chasing?

Why pay RRP when you can pick it up on eBay for a lot less?

RRP in UK is £84.99 and one just sold on eBay UK for £46 + P&P.

Still have a cupboard full of Minecraft sets from last year which were listed for retirement , now of course they are retiring them when the interest is all but dead.

I really can not see them retiring Mickey and Minnie once they see the sales figures, and as for not available anywhere maybe in the US that is true but I can pick them up at retail

at two locations in Europe right now and wont.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Still have a cupboard full of Minecraft sets from last year which were listed for retirement , now of course they are retiring them when the interest is all but dead.

I really can not see them retiring Mickey and Minnie once they see the sales figures, and as for not available anywhere maybe in the US that is true but I can pick them up at retail

at two locations in Europe right now and wont.

Lack of interest in Minecraft?  I beg to differ.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

I really can not see them retiring Mickey and Minnie once they see the sales figures

I've been thinking about these two sets, and more specifically the Harry Potter Brickheadz.

Many have asked why retire some of their best sets which appear to have good sales figures.  Could it be a strategy on LEGO's part to breath some fire into the Brickheadz line? Creating valuable/rare sets with short production runs may increase the collectability aspect of the theme. Might they be using a short productions run to create some FOMO? Thus improving sales on the next gen Brickheadz?

Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Lack of interest in Minecraft?  I beg to differ.

I still wonder why 21102 CUUSOO The Forest bombed. 3x RRP when out of stock and now easily bought for well under RRP. There's certainly no interest in that one now.

Edited by TabbyBoy

12 hours ago, NIevo said:

Friends Heartlake Hospital ok to pick up at RRP or not worth chasing?

Maybe. amazon has it right now. On ebay with the code you can get it a little under rrp and 8% bucks back here https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Friends-Heartlake-Hospital-41318-Building-Kit-871-Piece/323596808863?epid=20021691603&hash=item4b57df729f:g:iHEAAOSwcqxcEjO8:rk:11:pf:0 5 left

i wouldn't buy any friends set at rrp. The large ones do seem to do very well though. Hospital could easily double rrp in a year or two. 

Edited by marcandre

Guest TabbyBoy
21 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

I really can not see them retiring Mickey and Minnie once they see the sales figures.

Since they appear to have the never-ending licence, I can see them being piled up high once more. Enjoy the flipping while it lasts.

I still wonder why 21102 CUUSOO The Forest bombed. 3x RRP when out of stock and now easily bought for well under RRP. There's certainly no interest in that one now.
I think the microworlds were awesome when there was no Minecraft theme. But once the minifig-sized Minecraft sets came out, the microworlds suddenly didn't seem so great anymore. That would explain the drop in interest and resale prices.
  • Like 3

From what I was told by Lego CS a lot of brickheadz sets that are currently sold out won’t be coming back. Even the ones listed new, like Groot & Rocket etc.

If they had planned on continuing to sell sets like Mickey & Minnie why would they allow them to run out of stock 2 weeks before Christmas? 

3 minutes ago, GregP said:

From what I was told by Lego CS a lot of brickheadz sets that are currently sold out won’t be coming back. Even the ones listed new, like Groot & Rocket etc.

If they had planned on continuing to sell sets like Mickey & Minnie why would they allow them to run out of stock 2 weeks before Christmas? 

Three weeks ago, nobody cared about Mickey or Minnie and now they are the hot couple.  Go figure.