Retiring Soon - open speculation

4 hours ago, emes001 said:

I've had two different stores tell me the Castle will be retiring this year, but they haven't been told an exact date.

With the Disney train supposedly coming out, I’m not sure why they would retire it. I can’t wait to add the train to my castle. 

46 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I don't see how they can retire it either. Seems to be a classic set that will age well. 

Series 2 minifigures just came out, so retiring the castle before they are off the market seems like it would be in line with Lego's MO.

3 hours ago, Foreman Porgy said:

With the Disney train supposedly coming out, I’m not sure why they would retire it. I can’t wait to add the train to my castle. 

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

I don't see how they can retire it either. Seems to be a classic set that will age well. 

Wouldn't it just be replaced with another castle...after the forthcoming train gets some alone shelf time?

I do think that castles are a unique thing for disney collectors...unless the remake is another Taj Mahal, even subtle differences are probably enough to differentiate them. If Lego was to do a re-release right...they would make it so that instead of two castles, buyers of both could make a "super castle" by combining.

In general, Just like for Star Wars, and POtterheads...there will always be a $350+ option for disney lovers.

12 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Man you guys are starting up retirement talk way to early in the year

It’s never too early for retirement talk?

Some sets like to slip quietly into retirement this time of year too.

Question is which Creator Expert car will go, T1 (prob never) or VW Beetle (likely)? 

Also carousel?

Edited by Yellow Castle
Fat fingers as always

10 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

I know lots that got burned buying off to early of info.  Final changes last 2 years haven't come til July-Sept.  

For d2cs and the main sets, yes but remember that we have the summer retirements - all the turdiest sets that haven´t met sales expectations and are culled before due.

We should therefore be seeing a lot of Unikitty, Star Wars and Friends racing theme sets going in July.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 3:59 PM, ravenb99 said:

round and round the train goes but where it'll stop no one knows...  My money is on station and I'm gonna take it to the bank, if not the jokes on me.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Winter-Village-Station-10259

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Brick-Bank-10251

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/The-Joker-Manor-70922

meanwhile

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Winter-Holiday-Train-10254

wager.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, stuco191 said:

The regrets I have for not buying a joker manor from Amazon on BF are painful. Thx for updates!

I bought three of those. Wish I had bought more. After getting it, the colors and variety in the set are so great that it's hard to look away from. It's a neat set.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cuttingcorners47 said:

Disney Castle is on Backorder on LEGO Shop at Home right now. I am not sure if I have ever seen that before. 

it's happened before but i agree with inference that it's a sign of eol.

it's been temporarily out of stock now for a couple of months on australian shop at home site which for me has been a decent prognostic.of eol.

usually large sets have been underperformers from investing perspective but given the rabid and wealthy nature of disney fans, this set may be the exception.

especially if it goes and stays gone.

Edited by cladner