Retiring Soon - open speculation

16 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Pretty sure that set is not going to leave us before December 2021.

There's always a chance, It would seem crazy to retire such a good seller this early in the game, it reminds the of the Saturn and look how that turned out. 

Speaking of the Saturn, is it going to finally be retired this year and is it still a must buy and one to load up on. Time will tell but no doubt it is hoarded beyond believe, will that kill it's aftermarket value or is the set just so good it will withstand it and appreciate regardless. 

So many questions and I wish I knew the answers lol.

20 minutes ago, raulaco said:

There's always a chance, It would seem crazy to retire such a good seller this early in the game, it reminds the of the Saturn and look how that turned out. 

Speaking of the Saturn, is it going to finally be retired this year and is it still a must buy and one to load up on. Time will tell but no doubt it is hoarded beyond believe, will that kill it's aftermarket value or is the set just so good it will withstand it and appreciate regardless. 

It'll retire this year.

If it is gone for good, then it's a decent buy. Stock will be gone in no time. 

BUT I personally think it will immidiately get a Creator reissue. 

Why retire a best seller? I assume it sells better than T1 and that goddamn thing just won't retire, has been with us for 9 years or so... 

That's why I think retiring 21309 after 2,5 years absolutely makes no sense. We'll see what TLG will do very soon. I didn't load up on this set, I have a few, that's it.

46 minutes ago, raulaco said:

I only own 1 so I am not too worried, if the price plummets, whatever, I only bought 1 at RRP, if it goes to $300 it'll be a nice win for me and thousands of dollars of profit for some people aka TabbyBoy

Tabby is still active and posting with a UK private group, but not here for whatever reason. 
Is that a private group of 1? Dude definitely liked to hear himself talk.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

1.) Yes
2.) No
Uh, no offense, but were you high when answered #2?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, redcell said:

Is that a private group of 1? Dude definitely liked to hear himself talk.

Uh, no offense, but were you high when answered #2?

Yeah, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be a good investment, but it all depends on buy in cost. They were just on sale for $80 (maybe still are, I'm not sure). For that price, I don't see why it's not a good investment?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be a good investment, but it all depends on buy in cost. They were just on sale for $80 (maybe still are, I'm not sure). For that price, I don't see why it's not a good investment?

Hulkbuster Smash was a $30 set and is going for $103 on Amazon currently.  76105 and 76104 will do just fine post-EOL.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:06 PM, Foreman Porgy said:

40344 Summer Celebration is out of stock too 

this is now listed as retired on SaH as well as 40345.  Anyone ever go deep on these MF sets? I have a couple and can get more but I don't know what the market will be.

Edited by zaphoid

2 hours ago, zaphoid said:

this is now listed as retired on SaH as well as 40345.  Anyone ever go deep on these MF sets? I have a couple and can get more but I don't know what the market will be.

I picked up 12 of 40344 and 40345 from my local when I saw they were OOS on LEGO Shop at Home.