Retiring Soon - open speculation

Actually I think we have it pretty good in the UK. Nearly all sets will hit -40% at some point on Amazon, and there's 4 other Amazons to play with if you don't mind paying 3 or 4 quid for postage. 

Set your target price with at least 6 months of production left, and be patient. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

exactly. john lewis and smyth's now the only places other than lego to get any decent sets. and most you get is 20% off.

amazon uk is the same nothing decent ever on sale.

You need to set up price alerts to get the bargains on Amazon or just get lucky. Last night there were various sets at 25% off on the retiring list (Creator). 

Edited by Secret Squirrel

35 minutes ago, Goblin said:

That's a start. There's a wealth of data out there. And use bookmarks. I guess the average investor here has more bookmarks than a museum gift shop.  

I guess you should write him a tutorial or better just order the sets for him.? Lego is better than gold is outdated. Now it is, lego is better than gold with no work involved.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sozial said:

I guess you should write him a tutorial or better just order the sets for him.? Lego is better than gold is outdated. Now it is, lego is better than gold with no work involved.

Yep, done! 

Arriving Thu, 28 Nov

2                            2 of Lego 41454 Unikitty Dr. Fox Laboratory
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

£37.10

9 minutes ago, Goblin said:
Yep, done! 

Arriving Thu, 28 Nov

2                            2 of Lego 41454 Unikitty Dr. Fox Laboratory
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

£37.10

Too damn high. You should have bought 70829 at 56% off. Sold out now and you can bet your a$$ it will be minimum 300 quid on FBA come next Xmas.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sozial said:

As for the tutorial, I really like this one .. its very descriptive and covers a lot of the "shadow" areas that a newbie would not know about.

https://theminimillionaire.com/making-money/the-ultimate-guide-to-selling-lego/

• Like 2

Dang it, both hulkbuster sets are already sold out and retired in NZ/AU.
A few other Minecraft and Speed champs sold out within a few hours of the VIP GWP's going live.

I have my "buy list", but it's hard knowing what to buy when, as we don't know what sales we'll be seeing on sets over the next week, nor what will sell out quickly vs lingering.
Oh, decisions! 

Anyone got any tipoffs on which sets will be discounted at LEGO Shop at Home? 

In NZ/AU the VIP weekend discounts of interest were Voltron, Ferrari Garage and Ship in a Bottle...

9 hours ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Read elsewhere that it was price matched on Amazon yesterday, sold out quickly then came back at full price. Someone did post they got one on Lego store gb.

I got one at a LEGO store last night as well. But, I didn't realize that the city I got it in, is still paying for the Professional Football stadium through retail taxes, so I paid $25 in tax. $235 out the door, but still an ok deal.