Retiring Soon - open speculation

10 minutes ago, MoHu said:

Dont do it.....i'm sitting on too many Indominus Rexs.  Trying to get £300+ but no-one biting.

How in the world could you be complaining about Indominus Rex sets?  If you haven't at least doubled if not tripled your money on that set then LEGO investing probably isn't for you, no offense.

• Like 1

No offence taken. 

Sold them in the last two years around the £250 - £275 mark.  I like to live in a bubble where all lego just keeps appreciating.

Got them 2 for £150 from TRU with bricktober set + £20 gift card.

Wasnt a serious moan, leaving that for stars wars.... 

16 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

no offense but what do you want, even if you loaded up at rrp you have more than doubled your money. just drop price and cut lose or be patient.

I see it the very same way..   lets explore his whining a bit.. that individual is complaining that he desperately needs to get 300 GBP at least for a set. Can any other (UK resident) contribute with the average  - low  UK buy-in price or is this individual a total loser who just bought at full RRP?

Edited by crayxlp

7 hours ago, crayxlp said:

I see it the very same way..   lets explore his whining a bit.. that individual is complaining that he desperately needs to get 300 GBP at least for a set. Can any other (UK resident) contribute with the average  - low  UK buy-in price or is this individual a total loser who just bought at full 

?

Edited by Secret Squirrel

Lol I got mine probably at the same sort of price he did at toys r us. Think I had around 8 of them in total and got rid around the 200 - 250 mark the other christmas. Not point holding too long as you need capital to reinvest. Sets wont just keep climbing, they will eventually reach a high point and will either stick there or fall down again (You can hold for too long, which I'm guessing most of us are guilty for doing).

5 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

Is the Overwatch theme retiring?

My kids say the game wasn’t that good (as well as being old) so not sure about putting money on these.

Thoughts?

No. but if you get into it and it turns out to be sleeper you look like a genius and earn your bragging right on BP.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

My kids say the game wasn’t that good (as well as being old) so not sure about putting money on these.

Thoughts?

At 70% off worth a thought, that series is a little better than angry birds imho, problem will be the low sales.

75970-75972 should retire dunno about the rest.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, raulaco said:

Lol I got mine probably at the same sort of price he did at toys r us. Think I had around 8 of them in total and got rid around the 200 - 250 mark the other christmas. Not point holding too long as you need capital to reinvest. Sets wont just keep climbing, they will eventually reach a high point and will either stick there or fall down again (You can hold for too long, which I'm guessing most of us are guilty for doing).

I'd sell those 400 a piece easy. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Al Legorical said:

Thoughts?

Overwatch is still popular, not as popular as its peak - But they are also working on Overwatch 2.

I also am on the fence on these for similar reasons. But I have gambled on some at 50%, I would definitely armsweep at 70%.

They have 6 new sets coming out in 2020, and just dropped a few more in Oct, so the theme can't be doing atrociously. I'll buy them before I buy TLM2 at 50% off, that's for sure ;)

On a side note, I don't know what the WoW rights situation is currently, Mega Bloks had sets a few years back, but I wonder if this Blizz/LEGO marriage will eventually lead to WoW sets.  It's been rumored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:

JUNE!!!

i'm going down the pub...

I’ll have a pint with you, a tad too far to travel though.

Aren’t they all Indian “restaurants” now?

2 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

just went in my local tesco, which is quite large. nearly everything lego related is empty on the shelf.

Except 10 deep of everything hidden side.

Yet another theme I thought quite good sucks?