Retiring Soon - open speculation

16 minutes ago, Belac said:

On the fence about most star wars sets for investing but these 75262 are drying up and soon to be retired(says the pinned list)Maybe last chance?

https://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-imperial-dropship---20th-anniversary-edition-75262/-/A-75562338

Walmarts seem to be fairly well stocked on them so I'm hoping for some markdowns after Christmas. 

• Like 2

On the fence about most star wars sets for investing but these 75262 are drying up and soon to be retired(says the pinned list)Maybe last chance?
https://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-imperial-dropship---20th-anniversary-edition-75262/-/A-75562338

I have a feeling this is one of those sets that’s “everywhere” until it’s not. At $11.99 I like it - short production, low price, potential. I’m definitely grabbing some, not arm sweeping, yet...
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

I have a feeling this is one of those sets that’s “everywhere” until it’s not. At $11.99 I like it - short production, low price, potential. I’m definitely grabbing some, not arm sweeping, yet...

I’ve been doing the same. Just picking one off here and there.
Same with the 75884 Ford Mustang. They seem to be sold out a lot of places, but keep going in and out of stock for $11.99 at Target. When they notify me that they’re back in stock I buy one or two. Bought a couple of each this morning  

Edited by Abelinkin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

for me this feels too much like a Battle Pack and I've never done well on those.

55 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

for me this feels too much like a Battle Pack and I've never done well on those.

It is a battlepack. Stay away from these goddamn sets. Especially at 40% off.

I don't see why people don't just buy medium/big sets 50% off. Instead you guys try to struggle with $20 Star Wars battlepacks at 40% off. Ugh. But each to their own.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elmaslıefendi said:

It is a battlepack. Stay away from these goddamn sets. Especially at 40% off.

I don't see why people don't just buy medium/big sets 50% off. Instead you guys try to struggle with $20 Star Wars battlepacks at 40% off. Ugh. But each to their own.

yes - please listen.  best leave the game of high risk battlepack investment to the professionals.  cough (75134).   i repeat.  cough (75165). 

do not try this at home.  belch (75078).

stay the frank away from battlepacks .  meow. (75089).

Cash Cats gif 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

It's good to see the different perspectives on this and I find both sides understandable.

Being a seasoned online seller yet new to the LEGO game itself, I am seeing these smaller sets more through the lens of an item that is super easy to list and package for shipment, as well as pretty cheap to ship. So from a time perspective, even if I break even I wont have to sweat it too much. High side being I make a little profit when the time is right. I haven't bought a whole ton of them, but I have peppered them throughout my purchases here and there.

But I am completely opened to criticism here. It wouldn't be the first time I've dove into a new line of product and made a few mistakes along the way.

Edited by Abelinkin
  • Like 1

The argument is always shipping. Here it's 5€ for a 2kg, 6€ for a 5kg, 8,50€ for a 10kg package, so it doesn't really matter. You can ship the biggest set for 8,50€, the smallest set for 5€. In the US things may be different.

The hardest part for me about small sets is pushing volume, I'd rather double my money on one big exclusive rather than tripling it with 10 sales. Not worth the hassle & time is money.

• Like 3

I've been QFing these FBA for a few weeks off the GC promo. Buy-in is under $10, selling for $23+. 60% margin in 2 weeks. The trick is having stores that don't mind PMing arm-swipe quantities- and I have multiple. Thank God for 'infinite' supply. Long-term, I've socked away a few cases. Available for less than a year, 50% off buy-in, and any set that sells for over RRP 8 months after release I have to pay attention to. It's worth a dice roll to me.
  • Like 2