Retiring Soon - open speculation

10 minutes ago, glucapg said:

Yes, sold out... But the people that "know", say that is done

from your first post i thought you meant the webpage was gone.

i would say a set this old that has been put on sale at LEGO Shop at Home, gone through CALL TO CHECK AVAILABILITY and now SOLD OUT, is likely going to retire soon.  but i don't "know" anything.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cladner said:

i would say a set this old that has been put on sale at LEGO Shop at Home, gone through CALL TO CHECK AVAILABILITY and now SOLD OUT, is likely going to retire soon.  but i don't "know" anything.

What I do know is that I paid retail for a few of these, so here's to hopping that pays off.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cladner said:

from your first post i thought you meant the webpage was gone.

Dead set walking :-)

Edited by glucapg

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Lol , ok. You just keep buying them trains like everybody else champ. Will give you more stuff to whinge about in 2 years.

I have one train and 2 spiders and that´s all she wrote.  Other sets in the line will be better money spinners.

10 hours ago, Val-E said:

I have one train and 2 spiders and that´s all she wrote.  Other sets in the line will be better money spinners.

75948, got 10 in smyths when they went to £52, sold all in less than a week. 100% a winner if you can get any decent % off

anyone else think ideas tree house is on the chopping block?

Edited by joneyyy1981

49 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

I see. Since your sure my idea is so absurd , please enlighten us all on what we all should be buying then champ? 

For me the best sales window for Potter was 2 years ago, when everything sold out (except for the spider and the train) so there was a flip window at Xmas. This year they made lots of everything and some sets got extended life so now discounts come into play.

I think the sub 30 euro sets will struggle and the sweet spot is in the 50-100 euro price range. Problem is they keep making more and more sets yet nothing is retiring. I have more Sparkle Babies than Aragog´s but the UK market is killing both of them due to more stock and lower RRP. Tough to sell those little sets due to shipping, moreso in OZ I woul think.

As always,  if you bought them for free and sell on Amazon FBA then happy days.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiE8-U14vZsYUymTpya0r

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1