What are your favorite works of art?

Well, just two left to be guessed in Round 3 and both are RPGs. Like before, I will try and give some hints before revealing them anyway if nobody can figure out what they are from. Either way, this has been so much fun I may have enough images left for one final round for the heck of it.

"Perfume of Adventure"

I figured this would be a difficult one for various reasons. It was an RPG on the first Playstation, the image is loosely based on a animated cutscene instead of an actual ingame screen, plus the characters aren't really known. Here's the hint. The story revolves around Justin and Sue, who are wanting to be great adventures, and meet Feena, an actual professional adventurer. They meet some interesting characters along the way and have a Grand journey. (I literally gave the title away save for a couple of letters there.)

"Autumnal Exploration"

The scene is tricky to understand I suppose but as for the game itself, I don't know of anyone that hasn't played or at least know of this SNES classic by Squaresoft where the hero, Chrono, journeys throughout time triggering various events and things would never be the same since that fateful day at the town fair.

"Autumnal Exploration"

The scene is tricky to understand I suppose but as for the game itself, I don't know of anyone that hasn't played or at least know of this SNES classic by Squaresoft where the hero, Chrono, journeys throughout time triggering various events and things would never be the same since that fateful day at the town fair.

This one must be Chrono Trigger then :)

• Like 1

This one must be Chrono Trigger then :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NRN14Gvc5E

"perfume of adventure" must be Grandia. Nice hint, Orc :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FsGTiS9N5Q

Well, at least you guys actually knew of the games in question to begin with, so 'thumbs up' anyway.

Now to tally the score.

Round 3 ended up being a duel between Grolim vs. Diabolos80.

Grolim - 3

Diabolos80 - 70

Onto the final round!

Get ready, fighters!

FINAL ROUND

Grolim - 3

Diabolos80 - 3

Fcbarcelona101 - 3

JoshTX - 1

All entries guessed correctly.

Winner: Draw - Grolim, Diabolos80, Fcbarcelona101

Bird_Chase_Time_by_Orioto.jpg

Kirby's Dream Land - "Bird Chase Time" (Diabolos80)

Smooth_Criminal_by_Orioto.jpg

Moonwalker - "Smooth Criminal" (Grolim)

Stardust_Speedway_by_Orioto.jpg

Sonic CD - "Stardust Speedway" (Grolim)

Ice_Climber_by_Orioto.jpg

Ice Climber - "Tundra Twins" (Diabolos80)

Milk_Party_by_Orioto.jpg

Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse - "Milk Party" (Fcbarcelona101)

hostile_environment_by_orioto-d5y9bj9.jp

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - "Hostile Environment" (Fcbarcelona101)

Yoshi__s_Playground_by_Orioto.jpg

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - "Playground" (Diabolos80)

little_garden_by_orioto-d55twio.jpg

Pokemon - "Little Garden" (Fcbarcelona101)

sweet_spring_night_by_orioto-d662d9c.jpg

Street Fighter II - "Sweet Spring Night" (Grolim)

farewell_by_orioto-d5jk4pj.jpg

Mother 3/EarthBound 3 - "Farewell" (JoshTX)

I think Smooth Criminal is Moonwalker?  Something like that, I remember playing it.

Stardust Speedway is clearly a Sonic game, pretty sure Sonic CD from the old Sega CD system, I used to have that, loved the Sonic Games.

Sweet Spring night is obviously Street Fighter, lets say SFII ?

• Like 1

I think Smooth Criminal is Moonwalker?  Something like that, I remember playing it.

Stardust Speedway is clearly a Sonic game, pretty sure Sonic CD from the old Sega CD system, I used to have that, loved the Sonic Games.

Sweet Spring night is obviously Street Fighter, lets say SFII ?

Yes, yes, annnnd yes.

That image for "Moonwalker" was based on the Genesis version which was a side scroller while the arcade one was a top down isometric multiplayer game.

"Stardust Speedway" was from Sonic CD and in fact was the name of the level. Since pretty much everyone knows Sonic, I would have asked which game specifically was the scene from but you already nailed it right on the head. Side note, the Japanese and American versions had two completely different soundtracks and both are good in their own right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_SooYyd5Z0

"Sweet Spring Night" was probably the easiest; I just liked the contrast and how nicely done it looked so figured what the heck.

I had the Genesis, it was called the Sega Mega Drive outside the US, and I definitely had that Moonwalker game.  The Sega CD was a bit of a bust and I didn't have it for long but I had Sonic CD for it but it got played far less than the eariier Sonic games I had.  Didn't know there were different soundtracks.

That Street Fighter pic would make a great poster.  Actually a few of them would.  Is there a Mortal Kombat one? Or a Galaga one?

I had the Genesis, it was called the Sega Mega Drive outside the US, and I definitely had that Moonwalker game.  The Sega CD was a bit of a bust and I didn't have it for long but I had Sonic CD for it but it got played far less than the eariier Sonic games I had.  Didn't know there were different soundtracks.

Sega CD did have a few good games but unfortunately like the other addons fell by the wayside rather quickly in the face of competition. The Terminator, Snatcher, Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side, and Sonic CD were probably the best highlights of that extension.

That Street Fighter pic would make a great poster.  Actually a few of them would.  Is there a Mortal Kombat one? Or a Galaga one?

They are really good. This artist has not done anything on Mortal Kombat or Galaga but there are some nice ones for Starfox, Panzer Dragoon, and Shadow of the Beast.

And just for the heck of it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXw_txpn_aM

You sure know your stuff Orc  :thumbsup:

Thank you. I certainly do know and love my games! Back then I didn't have a chance to play most games when they were brand new but I did get a chance to eventually down the road either with friends or when I could buy em' cheap.

I had the Terminator on Sega CD, that was a good game.

I already have the entire soundtrack for that one posted in the Musical Picks thread. Here's a quick link.

That Moonwalker music brought back a few memories  :D

Maybe the Genesis was not as good as the SNES in many ways but I loved the way how the music sounded on it. I found this program where you can make your own music just like the Genesis! Now if only I could find a link for it....

The Genesis was renowned for having better sound quality than SNES. That and processing speed were its trump cards. Oh, and Raditude! B)

When it came to sound and music sometimes it could go either way especially on titles ported to both consoles, and I did read that the Genesis really did have a more powerful processor (Genesis: 7.61 megahertz, SNES: 3.58 megahertz) but everything else seemed sorely limited compared to the SNES like available colors.

Ah well, at least the slogun when the Genesis first came out was funny.

"What Sega does, Nintendon't." ^_^

Some hints to push the final four on this last round.

"Milk Party"

Obviously it's Mickey in the scene but which game is it? Here's the hint, it was the first one released on the Sega Genesis and things were not always as they appeared to be. You could say the medieval setting was synonyamous with a mirage.

"Hostile Enviroment"

It's the ever classic adventurer trying to save his one princess from the clutches of evil and awaken her from an enchanted sleep. This was the only time in the entire series it was presented as a side scroller.

"Small Garden"

This one was not very apparent really. In any case, you go around fighting various critters and capture them with your, well, balls.

"Farewell"

I contemplated on including this at all since I found out later that it was never ported outside of Japan ever! There is a fan translation of it floating around but still. Well, might as well toss out something and see if someone can guess. Here is the hint. Both the original Japanese and American name have something to do with Earth. One is a another name for our planet, while the other defines how we are bound by it.

The Genesis was renowned for having better sound quality than SNES. That and processing speed were its trump cards. Oh, and Raditude! B)

My favorite Genesis game was NHL95. That was the game where if you timed a check to occur right after a whistle, the checked guy would be out for the game.

Anyone remember Dreamcast? I had one and loved it. I can't believe it never took off. Favorite game - Virtua Tennis. What a great game, and so realistic for the time.

If you can't tell I was a sucker for sports games. I still remember playing Jordan vs. Bird 1 on 1 and Techmo Bowl back in the day...ah the memories.

Hostile Environment is from Zelda II The Adventure of Link

Right on the money! Or rupee in this case.

Milk Party: Castle of Illusion or World of Illusion. I would go with Castle of Illusion given only one choice,

You were correct with the first one. It was Castle of Illusion.

If you can't tell I was a sucker for sports games. I still remember playing Jordan vs. Bird 1 on 1 and Techmo Bowl back in the day...ah the memories.

One that I was willing to pump quarters into was Arch Rivals and then eventually NBA Jam. Those were fun basketball arcade games! There also was this quirky football arcade game called Pigskin 621 A.D.

Well I was late to the party on this round. Wish I would have paid better attention to this thread. That last one was Earthbound, but you guys answered all the fun ones.

Glad someone figured that one out. I was afraid nobody was going to get that one at all.

Alright, that just leaves one left.

"Small Garden"

The heck with it. I'm just gonna say "Gotta catch em' all!" :wink:

Right on the money! Or rupee in this case.You were correct with the first one. It was Castle of Illusion.One that I was willing to pump quarters into was Arch Rivals and then eventually NBA Jam. Those were fun basketball arcade games! There also was this quirky football arcade game called Pigskin 621 A.D.

As I just learned from Wikipedia, Arch Rivals and Pigskin 621 A.D. were designed by the same guys - Jeff Nauman and Brian Colin. Who knew?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigskin_621_AD