What Lego set did you buy today?

Followed buckeyefandan on this one...I really like the monster fighters set. Picked up: Monster Fighters the Mummy (2) Monster Fighters The Swamp thing (2) - one for my son to open and play with. Monster Fignters The Werewolf Monster Fighters The Vampyre Hearse Monster Fighters Haunted House Mincraft (34.99+tax) - only one at Barnes & Nobles, someone may of returned it? Anyone have any advice for this novice - if you had to choose one to buy right now which would it be? Diagon Alley or the Emporium? Thanks in advance!

A big clearance haul, all 25-33% off 3x Quinjet 6x Batmobile/Two Face 10x MF Mummy 5x Captain America 1x Jabba's Palace Also a couple half off Duplo sets (for the kid on the way) and a few Star Wars minifig clocks (half off at Wally World) I really need to do some brickfolio updating, considering this and the rest of the Christmas season buys. Gotta get everything current for the new year!

^^ Buy the one you like more. You may want to buy 10217 though, since it should be gone before the Emporium (10217 is listed as retiring soon on the Lego website).

I agree. I feel like the "Grand Emporium" will be around for a little longer. It's one of my favorite modular designs.

Thanks for the advice, I went ahead and bought the 10217. I'll pick up the Emporium soon enough....

No problem. I hope I'll have a chance to buy myself a "Grand Emporium" before it's 'End-of-Line' which may happen by the end of next year perhaps. You'll make a nice profit with the "Diagon Alley" very soon.

Don't know why my stores come out with sets weeks later than others.

I don't know why sometimes it takes months for mine to get current sets. Or take a whole year to get last year's offerings!

Oh well, I'm glad you found some MTT's for yourself considering you were cool enough to post a news topic on your site about my findings.

It kinda bummed me out when you said you couldn't find any from before.

Well after visiting just about every Walmart, Meijer and Target in a 50 mile radius over the last week and scoring some good finds I decided to go back out today to a couple I skipped originally and revisit a few where I had already been. I can say just about everywhere I visited was cleaned out. This is the first time in a week of lego hunting that I came home empty handed. Hoping there are some good online sales in the weeks to come.

Where are the Top 5 VIP Minifigs listed on LEGO Shop at Home?

You got to log in with your ID on LEGO Shop at Home.

On LEGO Shop at Home in Switzerland where I live and bought them, they are in the current deals section (~15$ instead of 20$). Also note that you have to be a VIP to see/buy them in the shop if I'm not mistaken ;)

You got to log in with your ID on S@H.

On S@H in Switzerland where I live and bought them, they are in the current deals section (~15$ instead of 20$). Also note that you have to be a VIP to see/buy them in the shop if I'm not mistaken ;)

Oh right, forgot the whole 'VIP' thing. Sorry!

I have been closely watching the sets marked Retiring Soon on Lego.com and when the Imperial Shuttle changed to "Sold out" recently, I picked one up from Amazon for $20 off retail. It just arrived today in great condition!

Good catch!

After finding no clearance sales at the Walmarts and Targets near my home I finally found one at Shopko a place I didn't even know existed a couple months ago! 9591 Ninjago Weapon Pack $12.74 4202 City Mining Truck $23.74 9466 Mad Scientist and his Monster $25.49 9467 Ghost Train $40.79 9500 Sith Fury Class Interceptor $33.99 9472 Attack on Weathertop $35.69 7346 Seaside House $25.49 They only had about one in four of their Lego sets on sale, but it was enough!

After finding no clearance sales at the Walmarts and Targets near my home I finally found one at Shopko a place I didn't even know existed a couple months ago!

9591 Ninjago Weapon Pack $12.74

4202 City Mining Truck $23.74

9466 Mad Scientist and his Monster $25.49

9467 Ghost Train $40.79

9500 Sith Fury Class Interceptor $33.99

9472 Attack on Weathertop $35.69

7346 Seaside House $25.49

They only had about one in four of their Lego sets on sale, but it was enough!

The 2 Shopkos I hit up in Lincoln were cleaned out, going to have to check the other one to see if any of these deals are there, those are some amazing prices.

The 2 Shopkos I hit up in Lincoln were cleaned out, going to have to check the other one to see if any of these deals are there, those are some amazing prices.

Shopko's deals seem to be store specific, I went to another one 5 miles away and they had totally different things on sale at about 15% off, I didn't buy anything there.