What Lego set did you buy today?

I didn't see any LEGENDS OF CHIMA or MINIFIGURES Series 9 at all, and I had to go to Target to find only a couple of this year's sets. Did find some good deals on a few of last years offerings. Anyway, here we go.

CREATOR

Propellor Adventures

Bought for around $13, originally retailed for $19.99

Seaside House

Bought for $35, originally retailed for $49.99

Games

Minotaurus

Found a few of these left at Target for half-off. Got the only one left at Walmart for $12, originally retailed for $24.99. I really don't need more of this set. Plus the box was pretty banged up. No matter, bought for parts anyway.

City

Mining Dozer (polybag)

Got the last one at Walmart for $1.50

Fire Motorcycle

Police ATV

High Speed Chase

I didn't need to buy this one so soon, but that 'exclusivity' kinda bugged me. I've already lost out on a couple of sets that were Toys R Us exclusives that somehow made their way to Target and was not going to let it happen again.

Galaxy Squad

Space Swarmer

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Krang Lab Escape

I don't care if they want to call him "The Kraang" now, that's just freakin retarded and it's just "Krang"!

Yes, I am THAT much of a nerd.

I should note that I've found a lot of the formally Toys R Us exclusive "Mining Quad" polybag at Target, and the "TIE Fighter" polybag that I found at Walmart previously is now available at Target currently (and it may be for a while).

My wife had an eye doctor appointment last night, so while she was at that I wandered around town and stopped at Target. They had Series 7 minifigs still there, so I bought three hoping to get one of the ones I'm looking for (Aztec Warrior especially). Turned out to be the Bunny Suit Guy (ok- I'll probably keep it), the Intergalactic Patrol (already have one- it's going on eBay), and the Bride (not very interested). So I struck out there. BUT I did pick up #9461- the Swamp Creature set from Monster Fighters. Very nice little set! The first- and probably the only -Monster Fighter set I've gotten. I got it mainly for the minifigs- they're pretty cool. And the nostalgia of a $7 set- brought back memories of saving and saving as a youngster to buy similarly priced Aquazone, Space, and Johnny Thunder sets. :)

This may or may not be considered a great deal, depending on a person's pont of view. I'm a little late to the game with Harry Potter sets, since I just recently started buying Lego. I've been watching for this set recently. Harry Potter's Hogwart's Castle (4842) showed up available at YoYo.com when I was searching around today for $129.99. I signed up a relative for a YoYo account to use the YOYO30 new customer code which brought it down to $109.99 (free shipping, no tax). I thought this was pretty good for 4842, since it's been steadily selling for $160-$200 on EBay recently. I'd like to have multiples of this set, but I've spent too much recently. I did get a Diagon Alley last month when Amazon ran the $20 off $100 promotion, so I'm glad I jumped on it when I did, since these will go nicely together.

Toys r us on times square has the recently retired 10219 Lego Maersk for 129.00.Wish I had money tobuy more. Picked up also the 5 retired 8092 Luke's Landspeeder in Mint conditionfor half off each at 12.00 at a Walmart on a stop while driving through PA... I hope this was a good deal

Toys r us on times square has the recently retired 10219 Lego Maersk for 129.00.Wish I had money tobuy more.

Picked up also the 5 retired 8092 Luke's Landspeeder in Mint conditionfor half off each at 12.00 at a Walmart on a stop while driving through PA... I hope this was a good deal

what exactly do you mean when you say toys r us recently retired these sets? Only The Lego group decides which sets are retiring......

what exactly do you mean when you say toys r us recently retired these sets? Only The Lego group decides which sets are retiring......

I meant that Toys R Us Has the Recently Retired Sets in Stock... a few left...Just in case anyone is in New York and want to get some.

Are all Targets Lego's half off?

Not at mine, they weren't. Only a few odd sets actually were. I suppose it really depends on where you live. I know at my Target when I was just there the other day, they had a few of the GAMES "Minotaurus" set and (I kid you not) almost 100 of the STAR WARS - PLANETS "Naboo" set for half-off. (That doesn't bode well for investment on that particular set, now does it?) As for anything else, nothing. I did find a CREATOR "Propellor Adventures" set for around 35-40%, but that was it. I went out of my way and scanned a few items to see if maybe they were on sale, but alas they went back up to normal retail.

Oh well, I need to save so I can purchase this year's offerings anyway.

Not at mine, they weren't. Only a few odd sets actually were. I suppose it really depends on where you live. I know at my Target when I was just there the other day, they had a few of the GAMES "Minotaurus" set and (I kid you not) almost 100 of the STAR WARS - PLANETS "Naboo" set for half-off. (That doesn't bode well for investment on that particular set, now does it?) As for anything else, nothing. I did find a CREATOR "Propellor Adventures" set for around 35-40%, but that was it. I went out of my way and scanned a few items to see if maybe they were on sale, but alas they went back up to normal retail.

Oh well, I need to save so I can purchase this year's offerings anyway.

I guess I will go check out my local Target stores. You never know till you check!

Happened upon a Kai's Blade Cycle that was returned to Target and was being put back out on the shelf. It was on clearance for $10.48. So I got a retired set for 30% off. It's not that big of a deal, but even the small victories feel good. :)

Hey, you take what you can get.

And you should feel good, small or not.

Yeah, and I was just in there the day before and it was priced at 34.97, but the box is not in great shape. I might just open and display. I still think any Harry Potter that can be found now for regular price is a good deal. All of the last wave of sets are seeing considerable increases on eBay....Just make sure you check your Barnes and Noble stores if u have any in your area. The ones around me still have a few.....