What Lego set did you buy today?

I picked up a Jabba's Palace, desert skiff, couple of the naboo starfighter sets that come with the miniship and figure(were on clearance for 4.98) and 4 of the mini batmobile polybags. The jabba set was 95.99 and I had a 15.00 gift card, so was only 80.99 plus tax. The desert skiff was also 20% off, so was 19.99......

This post will mark my last purchase of 2012. Got everything at Target (nice STAR WARS sales).

Star Wars

Republic Striker-Class Fighter

Price cut to $35.99 from $44.99. I have sooo been wanting this one since I first saw it! Lots of red AND dark red parts!

Naboo Starfighter (from last year)

I originally thought this was going to ring up for $39.99, but when I looked at the receipt, it rang up for $27.99!

H-O-L-Y CRAP! That's practically half off!

City

Mining Quad

I kid you not. I found this previously Toys R Us only exclusive polybag at Target!

Target had a whole box of leftover MINIFIGURES from Series 7 and after a while of 'Zen Smooshing', I found the last two I needed to complete my Series 7 collection! Now I have two complete MINIFIGURES Series, 7 & 8!

Can I get a HELL YEAH!!!!

While I was at it, I also grabbed what few extras of some of the other Series 7 characters I could find (like the "Galaxy Patrol" and "Evil Knight" minifigs).

Phew. This surely has been an expensive year. I can hardly wait for the next one.

......crap.

LOL...Imagine what some kid or mother thinks when they see an adult man playing around with a couple of LEGO packages in the toy section. I like bringing my 3 year old son as cover for my LEGO fetish. I let him play with the spinners on the Ninjago display while I look at the sets. ;-)

Can't believe that there's still some Harry Potter out there - got The Burrows (4840) from Wally World for $47! Also found some Forbidden Forest sets for $7 each. They had about 5 of Ninjago 2504 Spinjitzu Dojo for $39 each, but I passed. Probably will wish that I had gotten that too, but I'm trying to not spend what little lego cash I have and hold out for after Christmas sales. Love the updates to site by the way, you guys rock!

Picked up 3 mirkwood elves (1 free) and 4 series 8 figs online from TRU. Finally had some success. Supposedly, if you spend $20 on legos you get a free mirkwood elf. So I said cool, I will get 3 (which was the limit) and pick up some filler to get over $20. Of course that didn't work online since the limit was 3. I called tru and I was able to finagle with the tru rep help 3 mirkwoods (1 free) and 4 series 8 minifigs for $24 shipped. Not too bad.

LOL...Imagine what some kid or mother thinks when they see an adult man playing around with a couple of LEGO packages in the toy section.

I know right?! Heh heh.

But actually no one has given me any kind of wierd grief about it. Lets see, one time at the checkout a couple was curious about the mystery bags. And another, a woman was browsing through a couple of them on the rack looking a little perplexed. So I asked if there was a specific character she was looking for. I think it was the "Bunny Suit Guy" or "Tennis Ace" from Series 7.

Heh, who ever thought you could help someone by essentially feeling a bunch of plastic bags? Ha!

Besides being a bit tedious with 'smooshing' all those bags, the noise each one makes when doing so gets pretty loud after a while. It's like the irritating noise caused by the guy who can't get that small bag of potato chips open to save his life.

They had about 5 of Ninjago 2504 Spinjitzu Dojo for $39 each, but I passed. Probably will wish that I had gotten that too, but I'm trying to not spend what little lego cash I have and hold out for after Christmas sales.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. What you paid for "The Burrow" and "The Forbidden Forest" were better deals. Plus those are way beyond "End-of-line" and should make nice investments. Not much of a deal on that "Spinjitzu Dojo" really. And I too am one of those people hoping for some good after Christmas sales.

Walmart. They had most legos that were 50% or more off. I might go back to see what is left. One walmart i went to had 13 black pearl sets all for $50!!!!! Most of them were pretty well damaged and i took the best ones.

The Walmart and Target near me were cleaned out of anything interesting. Do you have photographs of the 13 Black Pearls for $50 each?

Walmart. They had most legos that were 50% or more off. I might go back to see what is left. One walmart i went to had 13 black pearl sets all for $50!!!!! Most of them were pretty well damaged and i took the best ones.

The Walmart and Target near me were cleaned out of anything interesting. Do you have photographs of the 13 Black Pearls for $50 each?

No. I live out in the sticks and all we have are walmarts. :) The selection of legos that the stores have are usually pretty good mainly because of low population... i think anyways.

I guess living in the sticks paid off for me as well (town I live in has population of 5,000). Went to two different Wal-Mart stores (45 miles apart) and the list below is what my 9 year-old son and I came back with. Needless to say, it was a great Lego Haul! By the way, this is one of my favorite threads - it's great to hear what direction everyone's going in, what's out there and what kinds of deals can be had and it also just charges my batteries a little bit. Anyway, here you are: 2 of City 3368 (Space Center): $34.50 (MSRP $69.99) 1 of City 4435 (Car and Camper): $9.50 (MSRP $19.97) 1 of City 4431 (Ambulance): $9.50 (MSRP $19.97) 2 of City 4202 (Mining Truck): $17.00 (MSRP $34.97) 1 of Star Wars 7962 (Anakin Skywalker and Sebulba's Podracer): $34.50 (MSRP $89.99) 1 of Star Wars 7964 (Republic Frigate): $49.50 (MSRP $99.99) 1 of Star Wars 7961 (Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator): $27.50 (MSRP $69.99) 6 of Star Wars 7914 (Mandalorian Battle Pack): $6.00 (MSRP $11.99) 2 of Star Wars 7913 (Clone Trooper Battle Pack): $6.00 (MSRP $11.99) 2 of Star Wars 7956 (Ewok Attack): $12.00 (MSRP $24.99) 3 of Star Wars 7957 (Sith Nightspeeder): $12.00 (MSRP $24.99) 2 of Star Wars 7931 (Jedi T6 Shuttle): $20 (MSRP $59.99) 1 of Ninjago 9455 (Fangpyre Mech): $12.00 (MSRP $24.99) 1 of Ninjago 2518 (Knuckal

I guess living in the sticks paid off for me as well (town I live in has population of 5,000). Went to two different Wal-Mart stores (45 miles apart) and the list below is what my 9 year-old son and I came back with. Needless to say, it was a great Lego Haul! By the way, this is one of my favorite threads - it's great to hear what direction everyone's going in, what's out there and what kinds of deals can be had and it also just charges my batteries a little bit. Anyway, here you are:

73 of 8833 (Series 8 minifigs): $1.00 (MSRP $2.97)

70 of 8831 (Series 7 minifigs): $1.00 (MSRP $2.97)

I only found about half of the sets/minifig you mentioned and bought them as well.

Anyone offer tricks to sell serues 8/7 minifigs? Should I open them?